Location not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Location not working

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Joe
    Participant

Hi there, nearly got everything working perfectly now! Just one last thing – when you type in a location on the filter, it never finds any events no matter what I type in. I clicked verify geolocation and it told me they were all verified.

Many thanks

Hunter

Hey Joe,

Glad to hear everything is headed down the right track! Before I get to testing, does the issue still occur after reviewing our Testing for conflicts guide? Let me know how that goes and we’ll continue troubleshooting from there.

Thank you for reaching out and I look forward to getting this resolved with you. Have a good day 🙂

Joe
    Participant

Hi Hunter! Yep I’ve followed those steps, reverted theme to 2016, disabled all plugins and cleared cache. But still I have the problem, you type in location and nothing comes up.

From within the events settings, under fix geolocation data, it shows me the message:

You have 5 venues for which we don’t have geolocation data. We need to use the Google Maps API to get that information. Doing this may take a while (aprox. 1 minute for every 200 venues).

I click ‘Fix venues data’ and it tells me they’ve been fixed, but then on refresh the message is still there.

Many thanks

Joe
    Participant

Also, it shows me the error when I create a new venue:

The latitude and longitude for your venue could not be fetched. The Google Maps API daily query limit has been reached!

I have tried adding to my custom functions.php my own google api key using this script:

add_filter(‘tribe_events_google_maps_api’,’google_api_key’);

function google_api_key() {
    return ‘//maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key=MYAPIKEY’;
    }

but still not working

Hunter

Welcome back,

Try adding the following snippet to your theme’s functions.php file (leave out the opening php tag) and see if you’re able to get it going. We’re working on adding Google Maps API Key fields in an upcoming release, so stay tuned for that. Report back with your findings, more specifically if the location search field works.

<?php
    /**
    * From https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/9d6c25feb389f98e8ae09a41273a3488
    * Override Google Maps API call URI and add Google Maps API Key
    * @link: https://github.com/moderntribe/the-events-calendar/blob/4.1.3/src/Tribe/Embedded_Maps.php#L162
    **/
    add_filter( 'tribe_events_google_maps_api', 'cliff_add_google_maps_api_key' );
    function cliff_add_google_maps_api_key() {
    // https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/geolocation/intro
    // https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/get-api-key#specify-a-key-when-loading-the-api
    $api_key = ''; // enter your own API Key here

if ( ! empty( $api_key ) ) {
    return sprintf( 'https://www.googleapis.com/geolocation/v1/geolocate?key=%s', $api_key );
    }
    }

Joe
    Participant

Still the same 🙁 The latitude and longitude for your venue could not be fetched. The Google Maps API daily query limit has been reached!

Hunter

Sorry to hear it’s not working. Did you try it on the default Twenty Sixteen theme to see if it works? Also, send over your System Information as a private reply if you don’t mind.

Thanks for the update and have a good rest of your day.

Joe
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hunter

Thank you for sending over that info!

Google Maps is currently changing how things are limited. Currently it is by IP, so you share your limit with every other site on your server. If a single site on your server gets a bunch of views, or if all of them do, then others can use up your quota. This isn’t a bug in the plugin or and issue with Google, it’s just the nature of shared servers.

To fix this you should look into switching servers or at least IPs. The only way to make sure other sites aren’t using your limit is to get a server with a dedicated IP. You will need to either talk to your current host about doing this or look into getting a new host.

I know this isn’t an ideal situation but unfortunately is the best answer I have for you at this time. Feel free to reply back with any follow-up questions or comments and have a good upcoming weekend 🙂

Leah

Hello!

I’m happy to report that we have been working on this feature for our upcoming 4.2 release. The new features for each of our plugins are currently being tested by our QA team and by our beta testers. Soon we’ll be putting the finishing touches on the code and then shipping the new versions out to our lovely customers.

Thank you for your patience while we worked on this. We appreciate your support! Keep an eye out for version 4.2 coming your way in the coming weeks.

Cheers,
    Leah
    and The Events Calendar team

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Location not working’ is closed to new replies.