Location not submitted

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Location not submitted

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Thomas
    Participant

Using Events Calendar Version 4.2.7 and Community Events 4.0.3

A few weeks ago everything worked fine, but now my users can no longer add a location to their events. In fact they can and they do, but the location is not submitted to the entry of the event.
    Only I as admin can add or change the location of their events. What can I do to get this fixed?

Hunter

Hey Thomas,

Sorry to hear about the issue. Before I test the issue myself, I’ll need you to review our Testing for conflicts guide and reply back with what you find out.

Thanks for choosing us for your events calendar needs and enjoy the rest of your day. Cheers!

Thomas
    Participant

Hi Hunter, thanks for your advice. I followed steps 1 to 3, but the problem still exists. So I could not find out the source for the conflict.

Hunter

Thomas,

Thank you for running through the Testing for conflicts guide! What role are your users set at? E.g. Subscriber or Author? Let me know and I’d be happy to try and reproduce the problem. To be clear, are you using any other plugins for this process, such as a role management or membership plugin?

Thanks again,
    Cheers!

Thomas
    Participant

My users are all authors, not subscribers.
    No, I do not use any membership or role management plugins. If you want to reproduce the problem, please notice: The site is in german language.

If you want to add an event use this link:
    http://www.kirchenmusik-in-neuwied.de/events/community/add

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Thomas

Hunter

Thomas,

Welcome back. I attempted to recreate the issue but was unfortunately unable to do. I also did a check of our logged bug reports and am not finding anything resembling what you’ve described. I noticed you’re running an outdated version of Community Events, which may be a contributing factor. Are you able to update to the latest version and re-test as outlined in our Testing for conflicts guide? Let me know and we’ll continue investigating from there.

Thanks for the update and take care. Cheers 🙂

Thomas
    Participant

Tried to upgrade to community events 4.2.5 but installation failed. The Readme-file tells me:
    1. From the dashboard of your site, navigate to Plugins –> Add New.
    2. Select the Upload option and hit “Choose File.”

I did this but got the error message “Folder already exists /var/www/vhosts/kirchenmusik-in-neuwied.de/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/”

Plugininstallation failed.

Should I have to deactivate and delete v. 4.0.3 before installing the new one?

Hunter

Thomas,

We’ve got an article geared to help users update manually. But if that article isn’t helpful, you can deactivate and delete the outdated version and upload the newest version manually without losing any data. I always recommend backing up before performing these types of tasks.

Let me know if this helps and how things go. Take care and enjoy the day. Cheers!

Thomas
    Participant

Hunter, thanks a lot for your help! I did not know that I not have only to deactivate the old plugin but to have to delete it, before uploading the new version. Your link to https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/manual-updates/ showed me how to do this. Thanks again for your great support!
    Have a nice day and take care.
    Thomas

Hunter

Thomas,

Thank you for your patience while we worked on a resolution and I’m happy to hear everything is working as designed! Please feel free to open a new thread if you have any more questions or concerns. Have the best of weekends and thanks for choosing PRO.

Cheers!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Location not submitted’ is closed to new replies.