Listify & The Events Calendar

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Listify & The Events Calendar

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    yantat

I saw the thread here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/listify-and-categories/ but my scenario is different.

That person wanted a filterable calendar.

I’m looking to show a specific calendar on every listing. This way each business in the directory can show a monthly calendar.

My plan was to simply embed (using category-specific shortcode) the month view calendar on each listing. In our case, we are managing the events for all listings which simplifies things a bit. I have downloaded the free version but you need Pro to use shortcodes. Even so, I’m realizing that the body of a listing doesn’t give much width in the body area where I imagined the calendar would go (see the demo: https://listify-demos.astoundify.com/classic/listing/1596-queen-street-w-toronto-on-m6r-glory-hole-doughnuts/).

My thoughts; 1) make the theme wider or 2) I noticed that they have a separate page tied to the main page for gallery images. I’m wondering how possible it is to list upcoming events for said business in the listing, then link to an associated page for the full month view or 3) load the full menu in a lightbox.

Maybe there’s another idea I haven’t considered. Has anyone done something like this?

I did reach out to Listify and their suggestion was to add a custom field to listings specifically for calendar shortcodes. Good idea, but it doesn’t solve the layout question.

TIA!

Thanks so much for reaching out and for your interest in our products!

You are definitely on the right track with displaying different calendars by category, using a shortcode.

You have a few different stylesheets and page templates that you can choose from, in order to display our calendars on your site.  There are a variety of styles that range from Skeleton Styles, which have a minimal level of styling, to Tribe Event Styles, which is our most comprehensive level of styling.  You can play around with these styles to see what works for you.

In addition, our Themer’s Guide can point you to which templates and views can be copied and altered, as our plugins are highly customizable and user-friendly.

And finally, we have an awesome 30 day full refund policy, should you try things out and it doesn’t work out for you.

I hope this helps!  Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Listify & The Events Calendar’ is closed to new replies.