Listify and categories

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Listify and categories

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Richard

Hi

Im looking for a events calender and this looks about as close as i will find to something im looking for. I however have a few questions.

1. Will this work with listify? If not will it take must customising?

2. Can the filters be edited? so maybe remove map display.

3. My directory site has regions and categories, so visitors can select what they are looking for and in what area. So basically i would like to create an events page so the events page looks similiar to the directory homepage. So visitors can select there region and what type of event they are looking for. Is it possible?

Thanks
    Richard

Geoff

Hi Richard, thanks for writing in! I’m really stoked to hear you’re checking out our plugins and I hope they are a great fit. 🙂

1. Will this work with listify? If not will it take must customising?

I cannot say I have personally tried The Events Calendar with Listify. I did look through our forums and found a thread that asks a similar question, but I couldn’t tell if there was as traight answer in there about whether the plugin is solidly compatible with it. I will say that we try to be compatoble with as many themes (and other plugins as possible) but we do not actively check compatibility with each and every release, except for default WordPress themes and a few widely popular ones we know a bunch of our customers use. That said, The Events Calendar is a free download and I would recommend installing it as a test because if it is compatible, then it’s likely that all of our paid extensions will be compatible with it as well.

2. Can the filters be edited? so maybe remove map display.

I am not quite following your question but, if I am reading it correctly then, yes, you can customize the filters that allow website visitors to view events by specific filters, such as Categories, Tags, Time of Day, Cost, Distance, and other attributes using our Filter Bar add on. That will also allow you to configure which filters to use, which means you can remove the Distance filter, should you choose to.

3. … So visitors can select there region and what type of event they are looking for. Is it possible?

Yes, I think my answer above also relates to this in that our Filter Bar add on will give you a ton of options for allowing visitors to see specific events based on a custom set of filters.

Does this help answer your question? Please let me know!

Cheers,
    Geoff

Richard

Hi Geoff

Thank you for the answers, this is certainly something im looking at now to buy very soon.

Geoff

My pleasure, Richard! Happy to help and I hope you had a great weekend. 🙂

I’ll go ahead and close this thread but please feel free to open a new one if any other questions pop up and we’d be happy to help.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Listify and categories’ is closed to new replies.