License / Key Validation Server Not Available

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator License / Key Validation Server Not Available

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Neil Duckett
    Participant

Thanks Barry. I have recurring events that are no longer creating the ‘next’ event. I presume that’s because there’s no connectivity to the license server. My recurring events are set to create 1 month in advance.

So it’s not just the importing that’s not being done, it’s existing events that have been manually entered that are no longer being created …. my event calendar is shrinking.

I used to be able to put up with hitting “Run Import” for the 135 or so events i have once a week, i don’t even have that option now. Even that was a pain when it imported 20+ new venues i needed to tidy up.

We’re 10+ days since the last import …. please offer up ANY suggestion to fix this.

Neil Duckett
    Participant

Hi Barry – we have connection!!! Nothing done by my, happened to see there were plugin updates and figured we had a connection, checked and we do!

I’ve tested a manual “Run Import” and all is good. I’ll be patient and see if the auto picks up, but I expect it too.

The only thing I’m still seeing is “Buy Event Aggregator” when I go to add another import, any suggestions? I’ll continue to check it and see if resolves itself.

Barry

A partial success, then! Good to hear 🙂

Nothing done by my, happened to see there were plugin updates and figured we had a connection, checked and we do!

Though this seems to be resolved for the time being, I want to note something you can try in case it comes back, which would involve creating a file at wp-content/mu-plugins/tribe-ea-fixes.php containing the following code:

<?php
    function tribe_increase_aggregator_connection_timeout() {
      return 120;
    }
    add_filter( 'tribe_aggregator_connection_timeout', 'tribe_increase_aggregator_connection_timeout' );

This might help to avoid issues where the connection times out.

I’ve tested a manual “Run Import” and all is good. I’ll be patient and see if the auto picks up, but I expect it too.

That’s great: please do keep me posted on the automated imports in particular.

The only thing I’m still seeing is “Buy Event Aggregator” when I go to add another import, any suggestions? I’ll continue to check it and see if resolves itself.

Sorry to hear it, that’s disappointing. If you visit your license keys page, are the license keys – the key for Event Aggregator in particular – showing up as valid, or are errors about being unable to validate displaying?

If they all look good but you are still seeing only the “Buy Event Aggregator” option in the import screen, let’s try clearing transients. There are a few ways you can do this but a fairly straightforward option is to install a plugin such as Transient Manager and then use the Delete All Transients option.

Does that resolve this part of the problem? If on the other hand the license keys aren’t showing as valid please let me know.

Thanks, Neil.

Neil Duckett
    Participant

Hey Barry, will create the file and action.

Update – I can now add new imports. I thought it might have been a cache issue, I logged in from another browser, problem still existed. Gave it a few hours, problem resolved.

Cheers.

Barry

Excellent, my guess is the transient (a temporary piece of data recording the status of your EA license) expired naturally in that case, clearing things up nicely.

It sounds like things are resolved in that case and I’ll update the topic status accordingly (but if I’m wrong or something else crops up in relation to Event Aggregator/imports running just let me know – we’ll leave this open a little longer).

Neil Duckett
    Participant

It was all too good to be true. Duplicate Organisers (in another thread) but now not all images being imported, can’t run a manual import, can’t add a new import.

Lots of errors saying bit connected / can’t connect to ea server.

All this after I updated to latest release.

Should I just give up? I can’t spend hours and hours on this every week. As soon as there’s a fix it gets broken a week later.

Seriously how can this only be a few of us having all these issues?

Neil Duckett
    Participant

It looks like EA is performing the scheduled tasks, I just can’t manually run it or add new ones.

Neil Duckett
    Participant

I’d actually accept the plugin if it would work manually, that’s how desperate I am.

Barry

Sorry to hear that, Neil.

Lots of errors saying bit connected / can’t connect to ea server.

This time, we’ve got some data to inform our picture of things. Your site appears to be triggering an unusually high number of requests to our server and is being blocked as a consequence.

Except for the troubleshooting plugin I shared with you earlier in the thread, have you added any other components or changed any settings that might have coincided with the return of the connectivity issues?

With regards to this screenshot and the source URL you are trying to import from – I strongly suspect that the problem is Facebook has restricted that page because of the nature of some of the content that can be found there. In cases like this, they may quite simply refuse to serve the data to us via their API.

Neil Duckett
    Participant

I have 180 odd pages I import from, they’ll all “adult” type pages.

Facebook allow the page so they’ll allow access to it.

The only thing I recall being added is the Eventbrite plugin since the last update of EA plugins.

Barry

Facebook allow the page so they’ll allow access to it.

Not quite sure I’m understanding you here — but even though you might be able to visit a page directly as an authenticated use whose age they know, that doesn’t mean that they will allow access via their API to the same event or organization.

The error you shared is typical of what happens in this sort of scenario.

Neil Duckett
    Participant

Ok, so i tried this one, https://www.facebook.com/CarnalSociety/ same error appears.

Then i tried an existing page that i’ve been importing from since day one, https://www.facebook.com/themidnightshiftsydney/ and the same error appears.

“Events cannot be imported because Facebook has returned an error. This could mean that the event ID does not exist, the event or source is marked as Private, or the event or source has been otherwise restricted by Facebook. You can read more about Facebook restrictions in our knowledgebase.”

So then i tested it with Toys R Us from the US, clearly a G rated page. https://www.facebook.com/toysrus/

The error came up again so it seems to be coming up for all pages.

Barry

You’re right and the Carnal Society URL works for me locally; bear with me a little longer.

Barry

Neil: the block seems to be specific to your Facebook account (and Event Aggregator uses its connection to your account to fetch the data). Do you have access to a different Facebook account or can you create one?

If so, disconnecting your current account via the Events → Settings → APIs tab then re-establishing the connection with your alternate account could be worth a try.

Neil Duckett
    Participant

I don’t have another account. I’ll try deactivating and reactivating this one.

I notice several new events created yesterday, along with a few (duplicate) organisers so it’s obviously running, getting access and working to some degree.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • The topic ‘License / Key Validation Server Not Available’ is closed to new replies.