License key not working after renewal

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events License key not working after renewal

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    sledmass
    Participant

The Community Events plugin was recently renewed and when I go to the License area in the primary Events Calendar settings… the top of the screen says “It looks like you’re using The Events Calendar: Community Events, but the license keys are invalid. Please download the latest versions from your account.” and the bottom of the screen states “Valid Key! Expires on 2018-12-14.”

The plugin was previously used on the site in question when it was hosted elsewhere although the domain name has not changed. Would that make a difference for some reason? If so, I imagine we would simply be provided with a new license key?

Please let me know what can be done to resolve this ASAP. Thank you!

sledmass
    Participant

This reply is private.

sledmass
    Participant

Thoughts?

Cliff

Hi. Sometimes the renewal license keys do take a day or two to fully work. However, if you’re still experiencing this…

Please remove the license key from old site > wp-admin > Events > Settings > Licenses tab

Then visit https://theeventscalendar.com/license-keys/ and remove old site from being assigned that license.

Then enter that license key at new site > wp-admin > Events > Settings > Licenses tab

Please let me know how this works for you.

Thanks!

sledmass
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

After inputting the license key, do you then click the “Save” button?

If it’s input correctly, a fresh reload of the page should have the license key already input there.

sledmass
    Participant

Looking back at the instructions you provided on December 15, 2017 I now realize you were asking me to remove the license from the old site first (there were HTML characters in the email version so I missed where it said “old site”). The problem is, that site has been completely shutdown so we cannot access it to remove the license key.

Can we simply have a new license key associated to our account that I can use on the new WordPress website?

Let me know how we can get this resolved. Thanks!

Cliff

Sure thing. Please login and visit https://theeventscalendar.com/license-keys/ for your new key starting with f7a5721ba…

Please let me know how this goes for you.

sledmass
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Sorry for the trouble. Others haven’t been reporting this so I fully deleted your previous license key from our system, just to ensure it’s not getting in the way anywhere.

Maybe there’s some caching on your site or browser that’s affecting things.

Please allow it a day or two to see if it resolves itself. If it doesn’t, I’d suggest following these recommended troubleshooting steps for your own site:

There might be some new updates available. Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Seventeen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

Of course, we always recommend restorable database and file backups before modifying anything on your site.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG (which will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log if there are any WP_DEBUG messages) and share any debug messages you see while trying to replicate this issue and doing other things on your site relevant to this ticket (such as visiting your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and anything else you can think to do).

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode) in a Private Reply. That will give me a lot of extra information to help troubleshoot this.

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

sledmass
    Participant

Hey Cliff,

It appears as if the manual removal of the previous license key did the trick! Thank you SO much for your time and patience in this matter and helping to resolve it.

Have a happy holiday weekend!

Cliff

Excellent! Thanks for letting me know and for seeing this through to the resolution.

Same to you 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘License key not working after renewal’ is closed to new replies.