Legacy imported events show in event calendar backend but not on events page?

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Legacy imported events show in event calendar backend but not on events page?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Participant

http://rivercityph.com/events/

When I connected the account everything worked great. The first 4 events can be seen on the events page. Yesterday I imported 10 (or so) more events from Eventbrite to WordPress event calendar and I see them in the dashboard but not on the events page.

When I click next the page says there are no more events. When I click the previous page I see ALL the events???

What is happening….

Thanks!
    Jennifer

Cliff

Hi, Jennifer.

Might the events in WordPress be in Draft status or otherwise not-yet-Published?

Could you please send me some screenshots of what you’re seeing in wp-admin — anything you think might be helpful

It might also help to send me the link to an Eventbrite event that did work and then one that did not work. More than one of each type is fine if you prefer.

Thanks!

Jennifer
    Participant

Did you visit the website and press the next previous buttons to see that it then populates? They are published

Cliff

Yes. When I visit http://rivercityph.com/events/, there is no Previous Events link. When I click Next Events, there are no events found.

So there’s either an issue that you have the Next Events link going to no events (I couldn’t reproduce this on my site) or there’s an issue with the events not appearing, as you stated initially.

Neither of these are currently a known issue so I’d suggest following these recommended troubleshooting steps for your own site:

There might be some new updates available. Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Sixteen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see while changing tickets quantity, navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket.

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode). That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem.

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Jennifer
    Participant

So I guess I wasn’t clear. I will do the other things but note this is what happens.

You go to the events page. You click next. no events. you THEN click previous and all the events populate.

Jennifer
    Participant

When I changed the settings from 20 per page to 10 per page I found the glitch changed.

When I change the (display) from photo to month view all of the events show. When I change it on the front end to then show photo view the photo events show on each page for the month only.

Clarify: When you first go to the page you only see the events for Jan on first page. When you click next you see Feb events or no events message. When you click previous to go back to the first page you see all of the events.

All of my plugins and wordpress are on the latest versions. My license keys say they are valid, working and are not expired.

I use DIVI theme and can’t change from one theme to another as my website info will not convert and this is a live site being used by my client. We could duplicate the site I suppose.

I clicked the button to send you info in the help section. I’m working on the rest but it’s doing things differently now. When I first go to events it’s just Jan on first page, when I hit next it shows Feb, when I hit previous returning to the first page it shows everything.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Jennifer.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Jennifer.
    Cliff

< Removed reply that was intended for another thread. Sorry. >

Jennifer
    Participant

No, it still isn’t showing the events on the first page like it should. IT IS NOT FIXED.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are having. I can help out.

I see you are using the Divi theme and it is their archive settings causing this as the Event Views are archives.

Head to Divi > Theme Options > General Settings > Number of Post displayed on Archive pages

Change that number to 10 or what you have as the number of events to show in our settings.

That should fix the issue.

Let me know how that works out.

Thanks

Cliff

Jennifer, I’m glad Brian was able to hop in here to help a bit too!

Please also try the plugin from https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/divi-pagination-problems/ if preferrable.

Whichever you use, please let me know how things work out for you.

Jennifer
    Participant

Changing the number of posts in the DIVI theme options worked! Thanks

Cliff

Excellent. Thanks for the update!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Legacy imported events show in event calendar backend but not on events page?’ is closed to new replies.