Just Updated and Now The Event Calendar is showing not installed

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Just Updated and Now The Event Calendar is showing not installed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    carcal1
    Participant

Hi,
    I Just Updated The Event Calendar and Now The Event Calendar is showing as NOT installed and i can’t access my calendar events or calendar control panel.

Please advise on how to fix.

Thanks,
    C

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Cary and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about your calendar showing as not installed. Yikes!
    I would love to help you with this topic.

It sounds like something went wrong during the update process. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

The easiest solution would be to deactivate and delete all of our plugins (this does not impact saved and existing data – but you are welcome to make a database backup, since this is good practice).

Once that is done, I would recommend reinstalling them from scratch one by one.

I realize this is less than ideal, but it should get you back on track.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

carcal1
    Participant

Hi Geoff,
    Will I have to reenter all my “saved” Events Calendar settings?

I restored to my last update and teh calendar worked fine… but when i just updated today it brought my endite site down and is displaying this error on all pages??
    Can you tell what is causing this and how to fix?

Thanks,
    Cary

Warning: require_once(/home/content/p3pnexwpnas01_data01/62/2883962/html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/io/csv/ecp-events-importer.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas01_data01/62/2883962/html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Main.php on line 312

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/home/content/p3pnexwpnas01_data01/62/2883962/html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/io/csv/ecp-events-importer.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/local/php5_4/lib/php’) in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas01_data01/62/2883962/html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Main.php on line 312

Geoff B.

Good evening Cary,

Thank you for writing back.

No, you will not need to re-enter any setting or event if you delete the plugin completely.
    The reason for this is because both the settings and the events themselves are stored in the database.

That being said, I always recommend a database backup in case things go wrong.

As to why this is happening, I am not sure exactly. But it really seems like something is off with the upgrade process on your server.

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Happy holidays and hang in there,
    Geoff B.

carcal1
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Cary,

I reviewed your system information.
    It all looks good. I wish I could access the website to investigate, unfortunately I am getting blocked by the following message”Your access to this site has been limited”

If you can, I would recommend increasing the max_execution time on your server to 300

Also, When i reinstall, will i need to enter my license info or will it automatically populate once i reinstall the plugins?

The license keys should still be there (as the rest of your settings). No need to enter them again.

If deleting and reinstalling does not work,  it looks like there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1. A conflict with another plugin
    2. A conflict with your WordPress theme
    3. A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure (preferably in a staging/dev environment or local install of your WordPress website) and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1. Make a backup of your database
    2. Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

carcal1
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

carcal1
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

carcal1
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

carcal1
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Just Updated and Now The Event Calendar is showing not installed’ is closed to new replies.