Issues with Community Events Form

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Issues with Community Events Form

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Amy
    Participant

We recently installed Events Calendar PRO and Community Events on our website (17daysgreensboro.org).

When I went to our Community Events form, I noticed several things were not working correctly.

First, when I try to upload an Event Image, the file window will appear and I will select a image but it will not upload.

Secondly, the Schedule multiple events button in the Event Time & Date section does not work. When you click the button, it refreshes the page and all data is lost except for the title of the event. I also do not see an option to Add Exclusion or describe a recurrence box.

Thirdly, under the Venue Details section, I can not add any details about the venue such as the address.

Please note that we previously had Events Calendar Pro and Community Events installed on this website. These plugins were customized. I recently had programmers/developers go in and erase all of the customization from my website, and installed the latest version of the plugins with there standard settings.

I need a fix ASAP, as we are trying to collect event information for a Festival that we are putting on in the next few months.

Cliff

Hi, Amy.

Using the latest versions of WP and our plugins, I was unable to reproduce these issues.

Therefore, I’d suggest following these recommended troubleshooting steps for your own site:

There might be some new updates available. Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Seventeen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see while changing tickets quantity, navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket.

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode). That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem.

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Amy
    Participant

Switching to the Twenty Seventeen theme did fix the form, but I lost the “look” of my website. When I switched back to my old theme I lost features such as my homepage slider.

Any suggestions on how to proceed??

Cliff

Sorry that happened, Amy.

I’m not sure why your theme settings wouldn’t have been preserved when switching themes temporarily, but that may be something you want to report to your theme support.

When you switched back to your theme again, did the Community Events form still not work? If not, please check for WP_DEBUG and console error messages and report those here.

Amy
    Participant

Cliff, I do not know where to check for WP_DEBUG and console error messages. Could you please walk me through this?

Amy
    Participant

(We are the web dev firm, jumping into this thread; we did not build this site.)

1. We are fixing the errors caused by switching themes, missing/broken CSS and bad calls to the sidebar and all images.

2. We have the latest versions of all Event Calendar plugins.

3. We received this DEBUG and programmers think it’s a problem inside the EC plugin:

Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to Tribe__Events__Community__Submission_Scrubber::filter_string_array() must be of the type array, null given, called in /var/www/vhosts/17daysgreensboro.org/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/Tribe/Submission_Scrubber.php on line 152 and defined in /var/www/vhosts/17daysgreensboro.org/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/Tribe/Submission_Scrubber.php on line 293

Cliff

Thanks for that update.

This sounds like a bug we fixed in the latest version of Community Events.

Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it’s still experiencing this WP_DEBUG message, please share your System Information. That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem.

Amy
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Thank you for that.

Line 152 is regarding Venue data. Are you only having issues when submitting an event without a Venue?

Would you be able to share a screen capture video and/or relevant URLs so I can see exactly what you’re doing to replicate this issue?

Amy
    Participant

Cliff,

Here is a summary of what is not working with the Community Events form:
    – The Event Image upload button is not working. It shows a file window, I select a jpeg, but the image does not upload.
    – The Schedule Multiple Events button in the Event Time & Date section does not work. When you click the button, it refreshes the page and all data is lost except for the title of the event.
    – There is not an option to Add Exclusion or describe a recurrence box in the Event Time & Date section.
    – When I try to add a new venue, it does not allow me to add an address or other venue information.

Here is the link to the form: http://17daysgreensboro.org/events/community/add

If you are willing to go into our website and investigate more, I can give you our FTP info.

Amy
    Participant

(This is the web dev firm stepping in again.)

We did these steps:
    http://17daysgreensboro.org/events/community/add
    1. Add a title
    2. Add a description
    3. Choose a category
    4. Set time and date
    5. Set a venue
    6. Set FREE as the cost
    7. Checked Captcha
    8. Submit

Result:
    http://17daysgreensboro.org/events/community/add
    “This page isn’t working. 17daysgreensboro.org is currently unable to handle this request.”
    HTTP Error 500

Cliff

Thanks for bearing with me on this issue. We’ve got the bug logged and it should be fixed in an upcoming release. It was a bug introduced as part of the fix I previously mentioned. I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released.

While waiting for the official release, if you’d like to hotfix this yourself (of course, we always recommend restorable database and file backups before modifying anything on your site), try changing line 151 of /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/Tribe/Submission_Scrubber.php from

if ( is_array( $venue_data ) ) {

to

if ( is_array( $venue_data[ $field ] ) ) {

If you decide to try it, please let me know how this goes for you.

Amy
    Participant

Cliff,

We (my web dev firm) changed line 151 of /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/Tribe/Submission_Scrubber.php as you instructed.

I then tried to submit an event through the form, and still was not successful with uploading an image, setting a recurring event schedule, or creating a new venue. When I hit submit at the bottom of the form, I was directed to this error:

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I had refreshed the browser and cleared the cache prior to filling out the form.

Cliff

500 errors would be a separate issue that is likely do to your server setup.

We haven’t heard of others experiencing 500 errors.

You can reference my first reply for our general troubleshooting steps.

Again, sorry your site is experiencing these issues.

Nico

Hi there,

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 1st May 2017) is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about the release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-1st-may-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site,
    Best,
    Nico

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Issues with Community Events Form’ is closed to new replies.