Is there a way to limit categories that people can choose?

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Is there a way to limit categories that people can choose?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Joanna
    Participant

Hi,
    I can’t find a solution to limit the # of categories that someone can choose. I couldn’t find anything in forums on this.
    Is there a way to limit the amount of categories that a user adding an event can choose?
    Thank you!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi! After reviewing your request this essentially looks like a custom development task and so is outside of our stated scope of support.

With that being said, we’d love to help point you in the right direction.

I’d recommend starting off by taking a look at our Themer’s Guide, which can show you which templates can be edited and copied in order to attempt the results that you are looking for.

If you’d prefer not to tackle this customization on your own, we may be able to assist you further. We do need to prioritize support requests from other customers at this time but I’ll certainly flag this with the team and – although we can’t make any promises – if we have time and space to come back and help, we’ll be happy to do so.  Please let us know if you’d like to go this route so that you can be added to this queue.

In the meantime, if there is any more information you can share (including mocks) that will help us to better understand what you are seeking please do feel free to add them to this ticket.

If you urgently need help with this, however, you may instead wish to consider working with a suitably skilled developer or designer who can offer the additional level of support you require.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

juanfra
    Keymaster

Hi Joanna,

I hope all is well.

Just as a head’s up, I wanted to mention that we’ve been working on this in order to provide the flexibility to limit the number of categories the user can pick. This fix will be available once the new version is released.

I’d recommend starting off by taking a look at our Themer’s Guide, which can show you which templates can be edited and copied in order to attempt the results that you are looking for.

What you’ll need to do, is customize the template in order to add a data-attribute to the categories input located in events-community/src/views/community/modules/taxonomy.php

Have in mind that the best practice is to copy that template to your theme’s folder, please take a look at our  Themer’s Guide in order to check how to do that.

Then, for example, on that template, you can add the following data attribute to the input (i.e: on line 92):

data-maximum-selection-size="1"

And change the value (In this example: “1”) with the number of categories you’d like to limit.

Best,

Juan.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Joanna!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a tweak that allows the customization Juan mentioned above 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-15-april-2018/

Please update the plugins and let us know if it works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Is there a way to limit categories that people can choose?’ is closed to new replies.