is a google api required for map functionality?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions is a google api required for map functionality?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    SooLoo

is a google api required for map functionality? we want to avoid any built in google tracking on our site.

Cliff

Hi, SooLoo.

All our mapping — Single Event Page’s venue map, PRO’s Map View, PRO’s “Near a location filtering” — uses Google’s APIs.

At this time, we don’t have any plans to integrate a different mapping solution.

Last but not least, we have a pretty great Refund Policy so you can buy one or many of our add-ons and thoroughly test them.

I hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

SooLoo

let me clarify. do i have to create a google account for for map functionality or is that only for a map that has multiple pins?

Cliff

Google requires a registered API key. Please reference https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/setting-up-your-google-maps-api-key/ how to get it setup.

SooLoo

i don’t believe you answered my question. is a google api key always required? i can map a single address by just entering a query as a url such as this made up intersection of two streets in Chicago:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Jones+and+Main+Chicago%2C+IL+60673+United+States

Cliff

If you do not have a Google Maps API key in your settings (wp-admin > Events > Settings > APIs tab), your maps either won’t load (if Google disallows) or a console error will display at your site (again, from Google).

All this applies to the free/core The Events Calendar plugin, even if you don’t have any of our paid add-ons.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘is a google api required for map functionality?’ is closed to new replies.