Inventory/Stock count is incorrect

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Inventory/Stock count is incorrect

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin Thomas
    Participant

Hi,

The stock quantities are not functioning correctly. Whenever a ticket is purchased, stock quantity is reduced by 2 items instead of 1. Moreover, the original total stock quantity is also affected.

So for example:

If my original stock is 200 tickets and I purchase 1 ticket, the stock changes to ‘198 out of 199 available’ – the minus 2 deduction is incorrect and the ‘out of 199 available’ is misleading.

I am running the following plugin versions: Event Tickets Plus Version 4.0.4 Events Calendar Version 4.0.5

Please advise.

Kind regards,

Ben

Geoff B.

Good evening Ben and welcome back!

We are sorry to hear about the stock issue.
    Thank you for reaching out to us and we’ll be glad to help you resolve this to the best of our abilities.

In order to help you out, could you please provide your system information in a private reply?

Many thanks and have a great day,

Geoff B.

Benjamin Thomas
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Ben,

Thank you for the system information.
    This will help pinpointing what the cause of the issue.

I will have a question for you then: I can see that you updated from WooTickets to the Events Tickets Plus. Were these tickets created prior to late December or after ?

The reason I am asking is because there were indeed a few glitches regarding stock in the initial releases, but they have been patched since that time (between Christmas and the New Year).

If you indeed created the ticket after the last update, my next suggestion would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and to let us know what you find out.

I’m looking forward to hearing back from you on this one.

Have a great weekend,

Geoff B.

Benjamin Thomas
    Participant

Geoff,

I created events/tickets after upgrading to 4.0.5 but the issue persists (I just created an event now to test). You can test this out yourself at http://shop.trackagescheme.com/event/test-event/

There are no conflicts, the functionality is simply broken – the calculation is incorrect in the code.

Kind regards,

Ben

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Ben,

Thank you for upgrading the the plugin and sending me a link.
    However, it appears that the link you sent me was for a free event which did not allow me to complete the tests on your site.

To be transparent with you, there were indeed some very similar stock issues to what you are describing, but these were addressed and fixed as part of the December 22nd release (4.04).

To be on the safer side, I went ahead and tried to replicate exactly what you are describing using a bare version of a WordPress install with the Twenty-Fifteen Theme.

Unfortunately I was unable to replicate the issue on my end. It all works exactly as it is supposed to.

Since our common goal is to help you resolve the stock issue, this is why I suggested going through the complete testing for conflicts process (both for plugins and your WordPress theme).

If that helps, I am noticing that your website seems to be using some form of template customization (after navigating with Google Chrome’s) inspector. As such, I would recommend starting the test by temporarily reverting to the Twenty-Fifteen WordPress theme.

The other thing I did notice is that you are using WooCommerce 2.3.8 which might be another avenue to explore (perhaps on a local install).

But prior to that, I would complete the testing procedure of deactivating all plugins except for the Events Calendar plugjns and WooCommerce as explained in the link previously sent.

Hopefully, this way we can pinpoint what is happening and work on resolving the issue you have been experiencing.

Let me know how that goes please.

Have a great evening,

Geoff B.

Benjamin Thomas
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Thank you for your reply.

What you are asking is kind of out of the question. I simply cannot change the template to the default Twenty-Fifteen WordPress and disable plug-ins – we have a number of live events and any downtime is unacceptable. Please note that we have The Events Calendar, Event Tickets, Event Tickets Plus, Community Events and Community Events Tickets. The custom template has always worked perfectly and we do not have issues with any other plugins/features. I also do not see how the template should affect the stock calculation; it’s easy to see that the calculation in the backend is simply done wrong.

Re the test event, it is online again and you can still claim tickets even though it is free – please try again: http://shop.trackagescheme.com/event/test-event/

Regarding upgrading WooCommerce, we would like to delay this because we tried this last week and the upgrade broke the entire layout forcing us to revert to a back up. If however, you can guarantee that this will fix the stock/inventory issue, we will schedule it.

Moreover, please note that your colleague, Josh, confirmed that this is a documented bug and you are working on a fix, so I am confused at this point. Please refer to his message here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/issues-with-stock-count-after-4-04-update/#post-1061796 for more information.

Please advise.

Kind regards,

Ben

Geoff B.

Good evening Ben,

Thank you for taking the time to answer back and share some of your questions and concerns with me. It’s truly appreciated.

With that in mind, I would like to address each of the points you brought up as I believe it can bring us closer to the most important part: help you fix the stock issue you have been experiencing.

What you are asking is kind of out of the question. I simply cannot change the template to the default Twenty-Fifteen WordPress and disable plug-ins – we have a number of live events and any downtime is unacceptable.

That’s a very good point and you are right to bring it up. If that is the case, then perhaps doing so on a staging/test environment or even on a local install could be an alternative way to perform the testing for conflicts procedure.

In the end, my only goal is to pinpoint the cause of the issue as fast as possible.

Please note that we have The Events Calendar, Event Tickets, Event Tickets Plus, Community Events and Community Events Tickets. The custom template has always worked perfectly and we do not have issues with any other plugins/features. I also do not see how the template should affect the stock calculation; it’s easy to see that the calculation in the backend is simply done wrong.

In all honesty, it is very possible that you are right. Perhaps the template customizations are not the cause of the issue.

That being said, I have personally seen several cases where the template customization that had worked perfectly for a long time required adjustments after an update. Moreover they were causing some pretty surprising bugs.

Either way, this is why it’s an integral part of the standard testing procedure we recommend to our clients. Not leaving any stone unturned is usually the fastest way to troubleshoot.

Re the test event, it is online again and you can still claim tickets even though it is free – please try again: http://shop.trackagescheme.com/event/test-event/

I accepted your invitation and just ordered a ticket and just as you described, the stock count is acting up. No contest there.

Regarding the second part of your sentence, you seem to be surprised that it’s possible to claim a ticket even though it’s free. If that makes it any better, please note that this is actually absolutely normal. You can always claim tickets, regardless of their price, unless the ticket is an RSVP ticket of course.

Regarding upgrading WooCommerce, we would like to delay this because we tried this last week and the upgrade broke the entire layout forcing us to revert to a back up. If however, you can guarantee that this will fix the stock/inventory issue, we will schedule it.

I can totally understand where you are coming from. Sometimes it’s better to delay upgrades unless you absolutely need to.

Alas, I cannot guarantee that it would fix the issue.

What I am saying however, is that it would be worth testing. Again, that would probably be easier to do outside of the production environment.

If I had to bet on it, I would say that there is a fair chance that this could be the cause since 2.3.8 dates back to April 2015 and there has been a lot of updates since then.

Moreover, please note that your colleague, Josh, confirmed that this is a documented bug and you are working on a fix, so I am confused at this point. Please refer to his message here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/issues-with-stock-count-after-4-04-update/#post-1061796 for more information.

That is also a good point. In fact prior to asking you for tests I did my due diligence and researched for any stock related bug.

I came across the post you mentioned by my colleague Josh and looked at the bug ticket in question.

I believe there might have been a bit of a misunderstanding (for which I am sorry) which in turn probably unintentionally misled you. The documented bug Josh was referring to is specifically about the impact of deleting attendees on the stock count.

In my humble opinion this is a very different issue than the one you are dealing with.

Having said all of that my recommendation would be to setup some kind of staging/test environment so that you can test the impact of an updated version of WooCommerce and of reverting to a default WordPress theme without jeopardizing anything.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Benjamin Thomas
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Thank you for your email.

Could you kindly list which plugins you installed on the bare WordPress theme?

Kind regards,

Ben

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Ben,

Sure, here’s the breakdown:

As a WordPress theme I’m using Twenty-Fifteen.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Benjamin Thomas
    Participant

Geoff,

I confirm that the stock count in your plugin is broken. I just set up a brand new website with WordPress Template 15 locally, Event Calendar, Event Tickets and Event Tickets plus and I have the exact same issue

Here’s the system info:

URL
    http://localhost:8888
    INSTALL KEYS

WORDPRESS VERSION
    PHP VERSION
    PLUGINS
    Event Tickets Plus version 4.0.4 by Modern Tribe, Inc.(http://m.tri.be/28)
    Event Tickets version 4.0.4 by Modern Tribe, Inc.(http://m.tri.be/28)
    Hello Dolly version 1.6 by Matt Mullenweg(http://ma.tt/)
    The Events Calendar version 4.0.5 by Modern Tribe, Inc.(http://m.tri.be/1x)
    WooCommerce version 2.3.8 by WooThemes(http://woothemes.com)
    NETWORK PLUGINS

MU PLUGINS

THEME
    Twenty Fifteen
    MULTISITE

SETTINGS
    schema-version = 4.0.5
    recurring_events_are_hidden = hidden
    previous_ecp_versions = Array
    (
    [0] => 0
    )
    latest_ecp_version = 4.0.5
    last-update-message = 4.0.5
    earliest_date = 2016-01-27 08:00:00
    latest_date = 2016-01-31 23:59:59
    WORDPRESS TIMEZONE

SERVER TIMEZONE
    UTC
    COMMON LIBRARY DIR
    /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/wordpresstest/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/src/Tribe
    COMMON LIBRARY VERSION

Please provide a fix ASAP.

Ben

Benjamin Thomas
    Participant

Geoff,

I found the issue, there is an incompatibility issue with WooCommerce Version 2.3.8. As soon as I upgraded to 2.5.1, it solved the issue.

Could you please provide a fix for version 2.3.8 as we do not want to upgrade to 2.5.1 for the time being (because as discussed, this broke our frontend).

Cheers,

Ben

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Ben,

I’m glad you got to the bottom of the issue. Your patience and hard work really paid off.
    Kudos to you!

Unfortunately, as previously mentioned WooCommerce 2.3.8 will soon be a year old which explains why it has changed as much as it did in the way it handles stock. In fact the WooCommerce team no longer supports that version.

On our end, we only support WooCommerce’s latest version as well which means that we don’t have a fix for version 2.3.8.

This leaves you with 2 options:

1. Upgrade to the latest version of WooCommerce (although I understand you’d rather not)
    2. Roll back to a previous version of <b>the Events Calendar </b>and use WooTickets along with it. You can use the following guide for that purpose.

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have.

Thank you for your understanding and let me know if you need assistance rolling back.

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Inventory/Stock count is incorrect’ is closed to new replies.