INTERNAL 500 SERVER ERROR

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus INTERNAL 500 SERVER ERROR

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Dean
    Participant

Hi,
    No updates done, nothing has been touched for over a week, last time in just added events. Today i went to edit an even as there were line up changes. Login works fine, dahsboard is fine, we go to events works fine and i see them all. Edit, duplicate etc. all return the above error. Please help….

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi micdevin,

Welcome to the forums!

I’m really sorry about the “500 error” issue. That’s a bummer. Let me try to help you out.

A 500 error can be a result of a wide range of things, mostly server related.

As a very first step I would like to point out that Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus are our plugins and we do provide support for them here.

Events Manager however is not developed by us and we don’t provide support for it. In case you are having issues with Events Manager, then I recommend you to get in touch with the developers of that plugin.

Here are some things you can check:

1. Open the Console in the web developer tools and try to do an action that usually causes a 500 error. Do you see any errors popping up in the console?
    2. Please go through our conflict testing guide and see if that uncovers anything. Here I would first recommend deactivating ET and ET+ and check if the issue still exists. Afterwards go on with the guide.
    3. Try downgrading to a previous version of ET and ET+ and check if you are still getting the error.

Are you hosted on  Linux or on a Windows server?

Also, here is an article that gives you more details about the nature of this error and what other actions you can try to fix it. Please go through it and let me know if any of it helps.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Dean
    Participant

Hi,

Nothing has changed, I'm not sure what causes it.  I'm an extreme novice when it comes to WordPress

and all these plugins. Someone else built it and I have to run it, that’s the long and short of it. With that said

the site is working, it’s all in the backend. When I am logged in and go to events I can see the 40-50 events

I have posted, from today to the end of February, every day. When I go to edit an event, add tickets, change

line ups add an event anything , that’s when I get the Internal Server Error.

https://www.thebakedpotato.com/wp-admin/post-new.php?post_type=event

That’s the link it’s attempting to get to when it happens, obviously it must change per event, but I can not edit any of them.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and I am truly a novice, so checking this deactivating that, not so easy for me.

Plus I’m worried that I will lose a month and a half or events that already many have ticket sales on them, so what happens

then? We get what I think is a lot of traffic and it’s hard to have the site down, but I can put it maintenance mode and try

some things if you think we can narrow it down. It just all of sudden started this, no updates nothing.

this is January, not sure if this is a lot of traffic, we sell about 600 show tickets a month, so any help would be amazing.

Respectfully,

Dean
    Participant

It appears to editing the event so i don’t think that is manager that is event ticket?
    So i can see the orders as soon as i go to add or edit an event i get that error.

Dean
    Participant

Here is a screen shot of what i am trying to access and then i get the error.

Dean
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Dean,

Thanks for getting back to me!

I fully understand your fear or messing something up. I’ve been there too. It will all get better with practice.

If I may recommend, check out some WordPress tutorial videos to get a better understanding of the system. That will make you feel more comfortable managing the site and will make it less stressful. (Here are one two sites where there are plenty of tutorials for free.)

Also, it is recommended to have a backup solution in place. If you have a backup, then you can always go back to that if something goes wrong. There are a number of free and premium plugins for this. UpDraftPlus is a good free one.

Having a test site is also good, if you want to play around checking out stuff.

and if i deactivate Event Tickets? will that
    delete all the items already done?

No, absolutely not. If you deactivate the plugin, then all the data will still remain in your database, but it will not show up on the front-end for the visitors. Once you activate the plugin again, they will show up.

Thanks for sharing that screenshot. Based on that I see that you are using the Events Manager plugin, which is not developed by us and we cannot provide support for it as we don’t know how it works in the background. For issues with the plugin you will need to get in touch with the plugin’s developer.

As an alternative you can give our plugin The Events Calendar a test drive to see if that fits your needs. In case you have any issues with that we will be able to support you.

And yes, you are still eligible for support for Event Tickets Plus. 😉 If it turns out the issue is with those I’m happy to help you further.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
    Andras,

Brian
    Participant

Hey Dean,

If you are on GoDaddy managed hosting it might be the object-cache. I had a 500 error issue and see some other threads on this as well. Hope it helps.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/rsvp-not-working-when-logged-out/
    https://www.godaddy.com/community/Building-and-Managing-a-Website/fatal-error/td-p/31814

Dean
    Participant

Thank you, we are on Ipower. But thanks I will look into your links!
    Thanks Brian

Dean
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Dean,

Do I understand correctly that if you disable the Envira Gallery Default Addon Plugin, then everything works fine? In this case that is a conflict with that plugin / addon.

Unfortunately I don’t have access to Envira or its addons, so cannot run tests. If you can share a copy of them – purely for testing purposes – then I can check what’s up, but likely you would need to get in touch with Envira support to get a resolution for the issue.

My hunch is the plugin / addon is queuing some scripts which somehow interfere with ET+.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘INTERNAL 500 SERVER ERROR’ is closed to new replies.