RSVP not working when logged out

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus RSVP not working when logged out

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Brian
    Participant

Hello Happy New Year!

My RSVP functionality has stopped working for users other than admins. It still shows an RSVP counted, but not a ticket assigned and no RSVP emailed out. It instead returns a 500 error. When an admin is logged in RSVP works as expected.

I have verified this issue is still present with other themes and different browsers. Thanks!

P.S. It seems the search function on your forum is not working as any search only returns the most recently posted threads, unless I’m missing something that has changed recently.

Hi Brian,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

As a first step, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1.    A conflict with another plugin

2.    A conflict with your WordPress theme

3.    A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1.    Make a backup of your database

2.    Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Brian
    Participant

Jaime,

I have deactivated all plugins except TEC and Woocommerce, reverted theme to twenty sixteen, and removed all customization. Flushed cache. Reloaded. Tried various browsers (mobile and desktop).

If I am not logged in, RSVP loads either a 500 error or blankpage. If I am logged in, all works as normal.

I did notice the first RSVP in the event (from me logged in) does have a non-standard ticket number assigned. Where it is assigned the order number rather than a ticket number. See screenshot.

Hi Brian,

Can you give me some more information about the screen where you are seeing the tickets in your screenshot?

Can you try creating a new test ticket with a bare WordPress install (Default WordPress theme and only Events Calendar plugins and WooCommerce)?

Can you also try flushing your permalinks by going to Settings < Permalinks and Save Changes?

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Brian
    Participant

Jaime,

Can you give me some more information about the screen where you are seeing the tickets in your screenshot?

It is on the attendee screen.

Can you try creating a new test ticket with a bare WordPress install (Default WordPress theme and only Events Calendar plugins and WooCommerce)?

Can you also try flushing your permalinks by going to Settings < Permalinks and Save Changes?

I tried both of these with no luck, RSVP still creates 500 error when logged out.

Thank you

Hi Brian,

Just to clarify, this is your issue: When a logged out user tries to purchase an RSVP, they are able to do so on the front end, however nothing shows up on the backend.  Is this correct?  Please let me know if I am missing something, as I’d like to try to replicate the situation on my own test site.

It is also worth noting that sometimes the RSVP email goes to a spam folder, so please check there as well.

Also, what do you have for Login Requirements under Events Settings < Tickets?

Let me know!

Thanks,

Jaime

Brian
    Participant

Jaime,

When a user is not logged in and they RSVP for an event they fill out information, hit submit, and then are redirected to a 500error blank page. They do not receive an email.

On the back end the total RSVP count increases but there is no RSVP ticket assigned or listed.

If I RSVP while logged in everything works, tickets are assigned, and emails are received.

Users do not need to be logged in to RSVP.

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your explanation.

Can you please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see?

I have done some testing on my end and haven’t been able to replicate your issue so far.  In the meantime, can you also update your Events Calendar related plugins to the most recent versions and test if the issue still occurs?

Thanks,

Jaime

Brian
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for providing me with this info.

I tried out the test event that you provided me with and I can see what you mean.

That first notice is related to WooCommerce Memberships.  It looks like they are on version 1.9.6 now.  Can you try updating and see if this resolves the issue?

The other error seems related to caching.  What kind of caching do you have set up currently?

Let me know how it all goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Brian
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

As part of deactivating all non related plugins I had deactivated WC Memberships so that should not be affecting anything.

This is on a managed GoDaddy WordPress account. Caching is done through that I believe.

Thank you

Hi Brian,

Can you try asking your host to turn off Object Caching and see if the issue is still present?

You can also follow this thread from the GoDaddy help section to do this yourself.

Thanks,

Jaime

Brian
    Participant

Well that was a journey. Thanks for your help Jaime, seems to be working now.

Glad we could help, you are welcome back in our support forums any time!

Since everything seems to be working now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great weekend!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘RSVP not working when logged out’ is closed to new replies.