Intermittent Issue with Event Page not loading

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Intermittent Issue with Event Page not loading

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    supercow
    Participant

This appears to have started about the time we installed our new SSL certificate and switched to https. Occasionally when loading the page the dates at the top go white/blank, and the page stops loading after the Details/Venue/Organizer block. This also stops the sidebar from loading as it is called after the main content block.

When the loading issue occurs the quick fix is to disable and re-enable Event Ticket Plus. I’ve also disabled Securi which seems to have greatly improved the situation.

RIght now it’s working properly and I’m monitoring the situation. Any thoughts of what might be the issue?

supercow
    Participant

Any thoughts on this? After working on it some a disabling some plugins it is all but gone. I haven’t seen it occur again but have heard a couple reports of the “white box” issue.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’d be happy to help you 🙂

I’m glad to know your website seems to be working fine for now. In case this problem reoccurs, could you enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG ? That will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log if there are any WP_DEBUG messages. If you could then share any debug messages you see while trying to replicate this issue, that would help a lot!

Cheers,
    Jeremy

supercow
    Participant

Thanks Jeremy! I had not thought to do that. Debug is enabled and I’ll keep an eye on it.

Troubleshooting steps taken thus far have included but aren’t limited to:
    -disabling a re-enabling all the plugins. Currently securi is still disabled and I just re-enabled Wordfence.
    -installing updates as the became available. Updates for The Events Calendar were released while we were having the issue.
    -disabling/re-enabling SSL
    -disabling/re-enabling the events calendar plus. If it is currently displaying the “white box” this the quick fix.
    -upgrade the AWS instance the site is running on.

With it being intermittent it has made it especially hard to troubleshoot.

supercow
    Participant

It appears re-enabling wordfence freaks it out. This time far worse. I was getting no page, just a 500 error. I went ahead and disabled wordfence again to get the site back up. They are in the middle of a ticket sale that ends on the 16th. It logged nothing during this time so far.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for your feedbacks 🙂

Indeed, it’s not easy to troubleshoot since your issue has been intermittent.

I have just visited your website but couldn’t notice any problem — I guess Wordfence is still disabled. That being said, it’s weird you get this issue when Wordfence is activated. I’m going to investigate to see if other users have reported a similar problem and I will let you now.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

supercow
    Participant

Thanks, that is correct, Wordfence is still disabled. It’s really strange. See the attached photo for a screenshot of what I get with Wordfence enabled. I haven’t even tried re-enabling Securi.

Everything seems to be super stable with out them. I still haven’t seen any debug files.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’m just wondering, does your website works perfectly if all plugins (including Wordfence and The Events Calendar) are enabled and just Event Ticket Plus disabled?

And what happens if both Wordfence and ETP are enabled (plus TEC), and all other plugins disabled? Do you get that same HTTP error 500?

I know you already followed the troubleshooting steps, and I’m sorry if  I’m repeating myself, but I need to gather some information in order to open a bug report if necessary.

Thank you for your cooperation 🙂

Cheers,
    Jeremy

supercow
    Participant

So I went through and disabled all the plugins again. I think I must have skipped Jetpack last time because after disabling it everything is much better. I’m now able to enable Securi and Wordfence again. I’ve attached a screenshot of the intermittent issue.

I’m going to keep an eye on it. Any thoughts on Jetpack acting like that? With Jetpack plus Wordfence the ticket sales page immediately goes to error 500.

supercow
    Participant

Well, the white box issue just occurred again. I had to disable and re-enable the ticket plugins to get it back.

I then disabled every plugin on the site that isn’t absolutely necessary. I’ll keep you posted.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback 🙂

There are some known issues between Jetpack and our plugins, but I wasn’t aware of a bug which could cause an error 500.  I will investigate on my side as well and will let you know.

You might be interested in that article which explains how to avoid conflicts between Jetpack and our plugin (however, that article doesn’t mention Event Tickets): https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/tec-with-jetpack/

Cheers,
    Jeremy

supercow
    Participant

I haven’t seen the whitebox in the last hour with all the other plugins disabled. Is there a list of known conflicts somewhere? I searched the knowledge base and I didn’t see any other plugins we are currently using listed.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Here are some resources which might be of interest:

Please let me know if you managed to spot which plugin causes the whitebox — that would help us a lot.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Intermittent Issue with Event Page not loading’ is closed to new replies.