Installing Resulted in a Fatal Error

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Installing Resulted in a Fatal Error

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Joshua Daley
    Participant

Here it is. I am deleting the plugin for now to just get the page back online, but …. seems like the plugin broke the page. Any insights as to why?

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘InvalidArgumentException’ with message ‘No constructor with the tickets.handler alias is registered’ in /home/spiritvisionjour/public_html/wp-content/plugins/event-tickets/common/vendor/lucatume/di52/src/tad/DI52/Container.php:138 Stack trace: #0 /home/spiritvisionjour/public_html/wp-content/plugins/event-tickets/common/vendor/lucatume/di52/src/tad/DI52/Container.php(122): tad_DI52_Container->assertCtorAlias(‘tickets.handler’) #1 /home/spiritvisionjour/public_html/wp-content/plugins/event-tickets/common/src/Tribe/Container.php(173): tad_DI52_Container->make(‘tickets.handler’) #2 /home/spiritvisionjour/public_html/wp-content/plugins/event-tickets/src/Tribe/Tickets_Handler.php(737): tribe(‘tickets.handler’) #3 /home/spiritvisionjour/public_html/wp-content/plugins/event-tickets/src/Tribe/Tickets.php(341): Tribe__Tickets__Tickets_Handler::instance() #4 /home/spiritvisionjour/public_html/wp-content/plugins/event-tickets/src/Tribe/RSVP.php(162): Tribe__Tickets__Tickets->__construct() #5 /home/sp in /home/spiritvisionjour/public_html/wp-content/plugins/event-tickets/common/vendor/lucatume/di52/src/tad/DI52/Container.php on line 138

Cliff

Hi, Joshua. Sorry you’re experiencing this.

I haven’t seen this issue reported before so I’d suggest following these recommended troubleshooting steps for your own site:

There might be some new updates available. Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Sixteen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see while changing tickets quantity, navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket.

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode). That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem.

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Joshua Daley
    Participant

Sorry, I can’t do any of that. I can not access my admin panel or my page. It broke my site completely, and deleting the plugin files via FTP did not help. 🙁 I’m contacting my host to see if they have a backup.

Joshua Daley
    Participant
    Joshua Daley
    Participant

Okay, i spoke with my support at my hosting service. We deleted the entire plugins folder and slowly added back each plugin. What is breaking the site is the free version of the events tickets plugin. When I don’t install it, it says the event tickets plus can not work without it. When I install the latest version, it breaks the entire site, and the only way to fix it is to once again rename my plugins folder and start dragging everything back in again.

Thus far, it looks as if your product is not compatible with my theme. Please let me know if you can assist, or if I need to look for another product for my client.

Thank you.

Cliff

Yikes, so sorry you went through all that.

So if you have Twenty Seventeen theme activated instead, and then start activate all those plugins, does Event Tickets free/core version then still crash the site?

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see while changing tickets quantity, navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket.

If there are WP_DEBUG messages at /wp-content/debug.log, please share those.

If there aren’t, please leave WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG enabled and then activate your theme (expecting it to crash your site) and then share the WP_DEBUG messages (I’m sure there will be some in the case of your site crashing).

Hopefully the debug messages will tell us more about what’s going on.

Also, feel free to send me a copy of the latest version of the theme you’re using.

Thanks again for your effort here.

Joshua Daley
    Participant

Thank you!

Oddly, when I changed themes and added the plugin, it worked. When I switched back to the theme (which is called iVent) it continued to work. 🙂

I’ll let you know if we have further issues, but just now it appears to no longer be producing the error.

Cheers,

Josh

Joshua Daley
    Participant

Okay, but now there is a new issue. The Events page is now gone. (after I deleted all the plugins and added them back) How can I bring the events page back?

Joshua Daley
    Participant

Ha ha, never mind. That was easy.

Joshua Daley
    Participant

Ah, nope. I created it, but it does not work. http://spiritvisionjourneys.com/events/ It does show that it exists as a page, but it will not open! So weird.

Joshua Daley
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Our plugin does not create a WordPress page at /events, but maybe another plugin did, your theme did, or you manually did.

Our plugin will display the WordPress archive template for tribe_events custom post type instead of your WordPress page at /events

You can customize our templates via our Themer’s Guide but not via a page builder or WordPress post/page editor.

Please let me know if this information helps.

Joshua Daley
    Participant

I’m now talking about The Events Calendar Plugin. The free one. It did actually make an events page for me previously (or the theme did to interact with the plugin.) Everything worked fine. Now, I have no events calendar page. I’m just trying to figure out how to get it back. Currently, even if I create a page at http://spiritivisionjourneys.com/events/ — it doesn’t show up. This was the result of installing the event tickets plus plugin on top of the free one, removing all the plugins, reinstalling them one by one, changing the theme and finally getting the site back online. I’ve lost the events pages, can’t create a new one in the theme — and wondering how I can get it back. (You know… just have a page that says events and shows ‘The Events Calendar’.

Thanks.

Cliff

This reply is private.

Joshua Daley
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Installing Resulted in a Fatal Error’ is closed to new replies.