Independant Venue Category

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Independant Venue Category

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Adage
    Participant

Hi,
    I found this thread : https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/add-venue-category/
    Where Jonah explains how to add the Events Category to the Venues too.
    But I want an independant taxonomy in order to have different categories for events and for venues.
    How may I create a new category for the venues ?
    Thank you !

Josh
    Participant

Hey Adage,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

You can create a new taxonomy just for your venues using the register taxonomy function. The post type that you would be registering it for would be the “tribe_venue” post type.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Adage
    Participant

Hello,

Thanks to Custom Post UI, I could create my custom taxonomy.

Now I have my 2 venue categories “Restaurants” and “Bars”.

I would now like to :

A- Create a new page for all “Restaurants” venues

B- Add a filter to the events calendar filter bar to may be able to load only events that would take place in one or the other venue categories : for instance, limit the results to the events in Restaurants.

What plugin or solution do you suggest me to explore ?

Thank you very much.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Adage,

Josh is out this week but I would love to help you with this in the interim.

A- Create a new page for all “Restaurants” venues

If you are most comfortable creating these taxonomies with that plugin Custom Post UI you might checkout the paid version Custom Post UI Extended, which promises to help you display the taxonomies you’ve created. I am not very familiar with this plugin or how well it works with The Events Calendar though.

If you rather a different route Josh’s suggestion of using register taxonomy() is a good route but does require a bit of coding knowhow. However as you will note it allows you to select a slug (url) for the tax to be displayed in, all without needing to but a separate plugin.

B- Add a filter to the events calendar filter bar to may be able to load only events that would take place in one or the other venue categories : for instance, limit the results to the events in Restaurants.

Using a setup like this you can both register a taxonomy and filter with the Filter Bar:

https://gist.github.com/niconerd/cfed2d119cba033d2a4314b215f0ffe8#file-custom_taxonomy_filter-php

Again it will require a decent measure of coding to adapt this to your site, but that is a very solid example of what you’re after.

Does that answer your questions?

Cheers!

– Brook

Adage
    Participant

Hello and thank you for these advices.

Could you recommend a coders’ website that The Events Calendar trust in order to add these functionnalities as a plugin ?

Thank you.

Geoff

Hey Adage, thanks for following up!

Absolutely. We have a list of freelancers we would happily recommend for custom development.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Independant Venue Category’ is closed to new replies.