Add Venue Category

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Add Venue Category

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Steve
    Participant

I found this thread: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/enable-event-categories-for-venues-too/
    but don’t have a clue where or what to do with that function in order to form event venue categories.
    many thanks

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Steve,

You would put that code in your themes functions.php file.

Does that help?

– Jonah

Steve
    Participant

cheers thanks

Steve
    Participant

I was also wondering whether it is possible to produce a list of venues, a bit like the upcoming events list?
    thanks

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Steve,

You can query venue’s with WP_Query like so: https://gist.github.com/jo-snips/4978177

Does that help?

– Jonah

Steve
    Participant

not really! where do I put the file custom-venue-query.php?
    thanks

Steve
    Participant

You might have to dumb it down a little! I don’t really know what a Wp_query is too!
    cheers

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Steve,

You would need to put the code in custom-venue-query.php or include that file wherever you want the list to appear. For example, if you wanted it to appear in the sidebar, you would need to add it to sidebar.php. You’ll need to know a little PHP though or at least be a little comfortable changing things. Every theme is different too so adding the code to your theme’s sidebar.php may have different affects. There are many different methods of adding code and content in WordPress and unfortunately we cannot assist in guiding you in all of them. A little trial and error may be necessary to try adding the code in different places and see what happens. Good luck!

– Jonah

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Add Venue Category’ is closed to new replies.