Incorrect times imported from Facebook

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Incorrect times imported from Facebook

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Bart
    Participant

I’ve just activated the FB events plugin, with a Genesis child theme, and I have the same issue as Daniel (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/import-issues/) with the pulling in the correct times. Is there a setting or a hack to correct the timezone. Since the difference seems to be -9 hours (mostly) it seems to be West Coast time whereas the website is in Europe, Amsterdam area (UTC +2 in summer).
    Is it in the Genesis settings or the plugins?

Joyce Grace

Hello Bart!
    We know about this glitch – it is a timezone thing, and unfortunately changing the timezone settings in the WordPress General settings doesn’t help. It is definitely a logged issue and will hopefully be fixed in the next release of this add-on! Stay posted! And very sorry about this!

Susan

For the record, I’m having the same issue. I created an event in Facebook for 11 am – 12 pm on 7/22 and when I looked at the event in WordPress (after a manual update), I noticed that the start and end times were way off from what I entered in Facebook when I created the event. I’m in the SF Bay Area, fwiw. When you guys come out with an update for this — which I hope is soon because this is for my client’s web site — please update this thread so that I can get the update right away. Thanks!

Rob

Hey Susan. Thanks for confirming here; that’s weird because I am in the Bay Area myself and have found that events entered in local (Pacific) time on FB enter the same on my WordPress site, assuming it’s configured the same.

Are you saying it was the same time zone but still got mangled? If so, do you have a link to the 7/22 event (or the username for the FB page) so I can give this a shot on my end? Let me know if I’ve misunderstood the issue here.

Susan

Hey Rob:
    Thanks for checking in. Yes, in WordPress my TZ is Los Angeles. I got rid of the prior event, but just added a new one for sat july 14 from 2:00pm until 4:00pm, here: https://www.facebook.com/events/122160351258868/
    (her FB page is https://www.facebook.com/lisaegertsmithmusic)
    (When I added the event in FB, the event timezone displayed as PDT.)
    I then went to my wp-admin, Events > Import FB Events, clicked on the 7/14 event, then clicked on the Import Events button. When I looked the preview of the event in my wp-admin, everything displayed properly except the time range which was 9:00pm to 11:00pm (7 hrs later). I clicked on the “publish” button so that you can see the result here:
    http://www.tackytrashwear.com/lisaegertsmith/events/

Thanks for looking into this — it’s a mystery wrapped in a riddle!

-Susan

Joyce Grace

Hi Susan, are you running the latest version of our plugins and all our add-ons, and using the latest version of WordPress? Also, have you set up your time zone in WordPress General settings?

Michael

FYI, I just purchased the FB plugin and have the same problem. My events get imported 5 hours off (FB event @9:00am gets imported as 2:00pm).

My wordpress time zone is Central (UTC-5) and the FB event is in the central time zone (listed as CDT).

If pacific events are off by 7 and central are off by 5, it sounds like a time zone bug. Looking forward to a fix!

Michael
    Michael

I had to manually change the event times to match.

Joyce Grace

Thanks a lot Michael! We hope to have this fixed in the near future, hopefully in August’s release. Sorry about all the trouble 🙁

Michael

We’re not using this plugin extensively as yet, but usage will increase dramatically come August.

A plugin which syncs incorrect times is basically useless to us. Could I have a refund on my purchase until such time as it is fixed?
    thanks

Peter
    Participant

I’ve also noticed this (I’m in London) and have also noticed it to happen when there’s a shift into daylight saving time for a future event (so something appears as 12pm instead of 1pm for example). Will wait for update and then keep testing.

Joyce Grace

Hello Michael, if you really can’t wait for a new upcoming release feel free to e-mail pro / at / tri.be and someone will help you with a refund there.

Susan

I’ll be waiting for this update as well. Can you (Joyce) post something on this thread when the update is available, or at least post a link on your site where you announce updates?

Thanks!

-Susan

Joyce Grace

Hello Susan! Yes, we always post on our site our update releases and list the changes that we’ve made. We also announce updates on Facebook. I will try to remember to come to this thread and let everyone know when it is fixed!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘Incorrect times imported from Facebook’ is closed to new replies.