Incorrect times imported from Facebook

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Incorrect times imported from Facebook

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Joyce Grace

Hello everyone, just a head’s up:
    Just wanted you to know, after much research and deliberation (we definitely haven’t forgotten this issue in time!) in regards to the timezone issue, we found out the problem is related to the way Facebook handles timezones and for this to be fixed, there would need to be a patch or add-on plugin that would go in and fix all the dates. We hope to work on this, but it may not be released in the very near future. We do hope to have it out eventually though, and of course the sooner the better 🙂

Michael

Is there a workaround in the mean time?

Leah

Hi Michael, we don’t have a workaround at the moment, but we are working hard to get a fix out in the next release. Thank you all for your patience and bug reports!

Jenna
    Participant

Hey guys, just noticed this bug happening to us now too. Will you send out an email when the bug is fixed? Thanks!

Leah

Hi Jenna,

We won’t be sending out an email, but we will post on our Products blog with all the features and bug fixes included in the release, like this one for the current version: https://theeventscalendar.com/release-the-events-calendar-2-0-9/

Keep an eye on the tri.be site and particularly on https://theeventscalendar.com/category/products/. You can even subscribe to a feed to keep up on the latest news. Thanks for the support!

Cheers,
    Leah

Kristin
    Participant

This time zone issue is killing me. It’s been 3 months and there still isn’t a patch or add-on plugin? :((( I’m in Eastern time zone so of course all the event times on my website are incorrect. Where is the fix for this? If a kind soul has created a fix, why hasn’t this thread been updated? Please help.

Leah

Hi Kristin,

I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Unfortunately, it looks like the problem is on Facebook’s end, and not something we can fix with our current developer resources. Another has written a code fix that may work for you, which you can find in this thread https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/maybe-usefull-code-for-timezones-fix/#post-27761

As my coworker Barry notes in that thread, it may be a matter of months or more, if ever, before we can create a true fix for the problem. I recommend that you get in touch with the Facebook Support to see if they can help you to correct the problem, as they are the ones who will be able to make the necessary fundamental changes.

I apologize that my response could not be more favorable, and once again I apologize for the trouble and inconvenience this has causes. We appreciate your support and patience.

Best,
    Leah

Barry

You might also find this [link redacted] I wrote to be useful, though that is entirely my own thoughts and code and isn’t officially supported here on the Modern Tribe forums.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Hunter.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘Incorrect times imported from Facebook’ is closed to new replies.