Import Issues

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Import Issues

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Daniel
    Participant

Hey guys,
    I don’t mean to be a nag. I like the plug-in very much but just thought I’d bring to your attention a few little issues I’ve had since using it.

The phone field pulls over fine, but then another phone field comes over which includes the Facebook event number.

The times aren’t always pulling over correctly. For example, I just pulled an event over that was supposed to be from 1-6 p.m., but it pulled over from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

This one isn’t so much an issue as it is a request: is there any way we can pull the event image over as well?

Thanks again for all you guys do. I’ve enjoyed the plug-in thus far, but know it will be even better when some of these minor bugs are worked out.

Thanks,

Daniel
    http://www.charlottebeer.com

Daniel
    Participant

Hey Joyce,

Actually, I don’t think it’s the event number that’s populating the second “phone” field. Check it out on this latest event: here it is on my site(http://www.charlottebeer.com/event/beer-chocolate-dbc/), and here it is on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/events/438720399493704/).

Thanks!

Joyce Grace

Hi Daniel!
    I’m super spooked because my former response is not here! But you must have gotten it because you responded to “Joyce”!

Anyway, I will look at this, and try to duplicate it on my end but in the mean time can you tell me if you entered a phone number in the Facebook event? I’m wondering if it tries to pull a default number if there is no number specified. I’m just guessing though, trying to narrow down the problem.

I also see that you’re running on Genesis (that favicon is so helpful 🙂

Can you let me know if you went through all these steps to integrate your calendar with Genesis already? https://theeventscalendar.com/tutorial-integrating-the-events-calendar-w-genesis/

It would help to know also if this is a Genesis specific problem.

Thanks!

Bart
    Participant

Hi Joyce,
    I’ve just activated the FB events plugin, with a Genesis child theme, and I have the same issue as Daniel with the pulling in the correct times. Is there a setting or a hack to correct the timezone. Since the difference seems to be -9 hours (mostly) it seems to be West Coast time whereas the website is in Europe, Amsterdam area (UTC +2 in summer).
    Is it in the Genesis settings or the plugins?
    Thanks, Bart

Joyce Grace

Hello Bart! As I mentioned in your other post, we know about this glitch – it is a timezone thing, and unfortunately changing the timezone settings in the WordPress General settings doesn’t help. It is definitely a logged issue and will hopefully be fixed in the next release of this add-on! Stay posted! And very sorry about this!

Joyce Grace

By the way I love Holland. Have you seen my twitter bio? @thoughtsofjoyce – check it out 🙂
    My whole house is decorated with Dutch stuff and I have hagelslag in my cupboard 🙂

Bart
    Participant

Thanks. Glad you like hagelslag! 🙂 When is the update due? I’m using the FB Events plugin for a client.

Joyce Grace

Hello Bart, we try to release new versions at the beginning of every month, so when it comes out, try to update and see if it gets fixed. I know it’s frustrating, sorry! I just can’t make any promises about future features and availability 🙁

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Import Issues’ is closed to new replies.