Incorrect sort order when viewing all recurring events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Incorrect sort order when viewing all recurring events

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Jim
    Participant

Hello,

I have several recurring events set up in TEC and I notice when I click the “View All” link on one such event the resulting list is not in chronological order. When you click “Next Events” or “Previous Events” on the list it sorts correctly.

I went through your troubleshooting steps by changing the theme to 2017 and disabled all plugins but it did not seem to fix the issue. I have provided links below where you can see the sorting problem on one of my sandbox sites:

http://nbcctest.redfontmarketing.com/event/homework-zone/all/

Server: Windows 2008 R2 / IIS 7.5 / PHP 5.6.3
    WordPress 4.7.2
    The Events Calendar plugin version: 4.4.1.1
    The Events Calendar PRO plugin version: 4.4.1

I have also attached a screenshot of the relevant settings of the recurring event.

Please let me know what I can do to resolve this issue.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Jim,

Thanks for reaching out and for submitting all that information, that is very helpful!

I managed to recreate the issue and the bug is already ticketed in our system. I will add your thread to the ticket to give it more push and get a fix out soon.

Unfortunately at the moment there is no quick fix or workaround I can share. Thus I am going to set the status of this ticket to “pending fix” and we will update it once the fix is released.
    If you have any new questions or issues please create a new ticket and reference this one.

Please hang in there, we are working on solving this issue.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Werner Brandt
    Participant

I have the same issue and already posted a topic. Will also look forward to the fix.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/recurring-events-not-sorted-correctly/

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Werner,

Thanks for chiming in and I apologize for this frustrating issue. I’ll handle your case in your thread to keep things clean.

Since this bug was only reported not long ago, it unfortunately didn’t make it into the maintenance release which is coming this week if all goes well. However, it is  a high priority issue, so I’m quite sure it will be fixed in the next one.

Thanks for hanging in there!

Cheers,
    Andras

Lauren
    Participant

I also am having this same problem … would appreciate getting notified when it is fixed. Thank you.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Lauren, no worries.

If you have the email notifications set for this topic, then you should also get notified when we add a comment or news of the fix here.

Unfortunately this will not make it into the upcoming maintenance release, which should come later this week, but it since it is on high priority, I expect it will be fixed in the one after.

We will keep you posted.

Meanwhile if you have any other questions or issues, I kindly ask you to open a separate topic to keep things clean. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Andras

Werner Brandt
    Participant

Thanks. Do you have any suggestions for what I can do in the meantime … or where the problem is.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Werner,

Unfortunately at the moment I don’t have any suggestions. The team is close to finishing up the current maintenance release. Once that is out in the wild we will do the scoping for the next MR to see what bugfixes can make it into the next one – I would expect this to be there – and then we set a target release date. Without any commitment I’d say 3-4 weeks.

You can read more about our release scheduler here.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello folks,

To give you an update, the team is working on fixing this issue and it should be released with the next maintenance release in a couple of weeks. Thanks for hanging in there.

Cheers,
    Andras

George
    Participant

Hello!

I wanted to post a quick note here that we have published a new Maintenance Release today that should address some of the problems reported in this thread.

You can read about the details of this release here → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-4-4-3-event-tickets-4-4-3-premium-add-ons/

I hope this update helps!

Cheers,
    George

Jim
    Participant

Hello,

Thanks for the update! I updated my plugins to 4.4.3 and it definitely did something to the sort order but the issue is still not resolved.

Please see the updated test site I referenced in my original post: http://nbcctest.redfontmarketing.com/event/homework-zone/all/

You can see the issue is more or less the same. Clicking Next/Previous “fixes” the sort as it did previously, but it is the initial load of the recurring events that is unsorted.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Jim,

I’m sorry to hear that.

I recreated the recurring event based on your screenshot with the most recent versions of our plugins and all seemed to work fine.

What happens if you create a new recurring event? Does it get jumbled up?

If you just hit Update for “Homework Zone” event, does it get fixed after that update?

Thanks for letting me know.

Cheers,
    Andras

Jim
    Participant

Hi András,

Creating a new recurring event did not seem to work. Please see my new test event here: http://nbcctest.redfontmarketing.com/event/a-brand-new-event/all/

Updating the existing event that I referenced did not seem to work either. The sort remains the same.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Jim, thanks for that. Could you share with me a screenshot of how the event recurrence is set up? That will help us hunt down this bug(ger).

Thanks!
    Andras

Lauren
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • The topic ‘Incorrect sort order when viewing all recurring events’ is closed to new replies.