In backend, how do I see what venue is assigned to and event?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO In backend, how do I see what venue is assigned to and event?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Stan
    Participant

In backend, there is no venue column and apparently it can’t be added.
    So how do I see what venue is assigned to an event?

Cliff

Hi, Stan.

In Community Events, an existing event can only be edited — such as to change or add the assigned Venue — by clicking the “Edit” link next to each event listed in “My Events” (located at example-dot-com/events/community/list)

This screenshot may help explain it a bit more: https://cl.ly/3r2O383q2a2t

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

Stan
    Participant

Hi Cliff,
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
    I don’t have Community Events, just the Importer Bundle.
    In the backend Events table I do not see a venue column.
    If I click the edit button for a specif event I can see the point where I can change the venue, but it does not show what is currently selected. I will have a lot of events so being able to look at all the events for a particular venue is important.
    Regards

Cliff

Oh, okay. I saw you posted this in the Community Events (CE) forum, but I’ve now moved it to the correct forum since I see you actually don’t have CE. Sorry about missing that detail.

Could you please provide me a screenshot of what you’re seeing and annotate what you’re expecting to see there? A video screen capture would be fine too.

Ultimately, I’d guess there’s a plugin or theme conflict here so I’d suggest following these recommended troubleshooting steps for your own site:

There might be some new updates available. Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Sixteen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see while changing tickets quantity, navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket.

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode). That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem.

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Stan
    Participant

Hi Cliff,
    Calendar Pro and Filterbar are version 4.3.3
    WordPress is 4.7
    My updates seem to be current.
    Also, my licenses are accurate.
    I have included a screen shot of what I see in the backend when viewing event records.
    I was expecting to see or be able to add the venue column.
    I’ll work the trouble shooying protocole you suggest.
    If you have another idea in the meantime let me know.
    Thanks again.
    Regards

Stan
    Participant

Before going through the debug process I would like to confirm that I should see a venue column
    when viewing the event list in the backend.
    Thanks

Stan
    Participant

I did try the other theme and turned off all the Nnon-Events Calendar plugins.
    I still don’t see the venue column.

Stan
    Participant

I also turned on debug. This is the only error I see on the frontend:
    Notice: get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /home1/stanbarn/public_html/crossroadslivemusic/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3783

If there were errors in the backend, would they show? The backend is where my problem seems to be

Cliff

Stan, please see this screenshot: https://cl.ly/0v381C3e1D2X

I am guessing you’re asking for something that doesn’t currently exist.

However, you could search for events by Organizer or Venue via our Advanced Post Manager plugin. Please give that a try and let me know if that works for you.

Stan
    Participant

Nice. The plugin solved my usability issues.

You might want to make this solution more obvious as I was just about to ask for a refund if there was no way to sort events by venue. If you have a lot of events this functionality is pretty much a necessity.

Thanks for all your help.

Cliff

Thanks for your feedback, Stan.

I’m glad it works for you!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘In backend, how do I see what venue is assigned to and event?’ is closed to new replies.