Imports from Facebook dont import automatically and Load wrong images manually

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Imports from Facebook dont import automatically and Load wrong images manually

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Joe
    Participant

The events aggregator is failing to automatically import events and when I run the import manually, it messes up the images associated in facebook, badly. http://birminghamaudubon.org/events/

I have manually gone in and corrected the images now, but it was loading the same image for multiple events found at this facebook page. Any idea what’s happening here?

Hunter

Hey, Joe!

Welcome back and sorry to see you’re having troubles. Is the EA scheduled import failing 100% of the time? We are aware of some issues with the scheduled imports having issues, but in order to confirm your issues are coming from this known bug, I’ll need you to review our Testing for conflicts guide and reply back with what you learn.

In response to the featured images; please review our Featured Images Knowledgebase article for more information on how to manage images so they don’t appear skewed or distorted. Let me know if this helps answer some of your questions as to why your images are appearing the way they are.

Please keep me posted and have a great rest of your day 🙂

Joe
    Participant

Hi,

It isn’t skewing the images or distorting them. It is replacing them with a completely different image. It is doing this on two separate websites (www.birminghamaudubon.org and http://www.alabamabirdingtrails.com). The imports run but replace images with a single image for multiple events.

Hunter

Thank you for further clarifying.

I’d be happy to test and see if I experience the same behavior, but before doing so, I’ll need you to confirm you’ve reviewed our Testing for conflicts guide to eliminate the potential of a theme and/or plugin conflict.

As previously mentioned, our next maintenance release will include a fix for the scheduled import issues, but I’m not seeing anything resembling the image issue.

It might be best you set up a fresh WordPress installation where you can fully troubleshoot the issue. Make sure you have only the default WordPress theme and The Events Calendar installed and activated on the test site. Please review our Using One License for Live and Dev Sites for more information.

Please let me know what you learn and rest assured we’ll get to the bottom of this. Take care!

Joe
    Participant

Hi,

I have narrowed the issue down to the FormidablePro plugin. When deactivated, the facebook plugin works as expected–at least at first glance. However, when activated, something odd happens and it uses the same image for all the imported events, including replacing the earlier imported featured image with a single new image (from one of the imported events). Any suggestions? I would like to move away from using FormidablePro, but can’t for at least the next few months.

Joe
    Participant

Sorry, I meant to say the facebook import via the Events Calendar Plugin works as expected when the formidable pro plugin is deactivated.

Hunter

Glad to hear you’ve identified the source of conflict. Unfortunately, we’re not permitted to troubleshoot issues with themes and plugins by other authors as stated in our What support is provided for license holders? Knowledgebase article. I wish I could troubleshoot further with you, but you’ll have to manage the conflict resolution yourself.

If things get beyond your level of expertise, you might want to look into hiring someone to help get past the issue. We have a list of non-affiliated customizers available to further assist. Again, I apologize I can’t do more in this instance and best of luck.

Cheers!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Imports from Facebook dont import automatically and Load wrong images manually’ is closed to new replies.