Import options

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Import options

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kelly

I am looking for a calendar for about 200 training events per month. They are managed in a Microsoft Access database and can be exported to a csv file, google calendar, outlook to name a few. I want to be able to import these directly to a calendar with minimal edits required after import.

With other calendars, I’ve found I can only import about half the information by syncing w/ google calendar, but I still have to go in event by even to set up categories, tags, ticketing, etc. This is too time consuming.

What are the options for importing events to the events calendar?

Caroline

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out! If you’re looking to import events from external sources to one of our calendar plugins (either The Events Calendar or Events Calendar PRO), you’ll want to have a look at our Event Aggregator plugin! This tool is built into The Events Calendar and includes free support for importing CSV files right out of the box. If you’d like to purchase an Event Aggregator license, you can add support for additional formats and automatic scheduled imports, as well. Our current list of supported import sources includes CSV, iCal/ICS, Google Calendar, Facebook, Meetup, and imports from other sites that use The Events Calendar.

If you’re interested in exploring the options available with our Event Aggregator tool, I’d suggest downloading our free The Events Calendar plugin and setting it up on a test environment. You can test the capabilities of our CSV import feature using just this plugin–our Knowledgebase article here will walk you through the process!

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/importing-data-from-a-csv-file/

If you find that the CSV import meets your needs, then you should be all set from there! If you’d like to try some of the other options available with Event Aggregator, feel free to purchase a license and evaluate it for 30 days. Should you find it doesn’t quite meet your needs, you can request a full refund within 30 days of purchase from the following link:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/refund-policy/

I hope that helps to get you started here! Let me know if you should have any other questions or concerns. Cheers, and thanks again!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Import options’ is closed to new replies.