Import Google Calendar returns "There was an error fetching the results"

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Import Google Calendar returns "There was an error fetching the results"

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Carla Dagnone
    Participant

I have been trying for many hours now to import events from a Google Calendar and the import fails with the error :

There was an error fetching the results from your import: Unknown service message

I have seen several reports of a similar bug on this forum but let me share all the technical infos on this installation, so you can better qualify the issue :

– WordPress version : 4.8.1 (latest )
    – Event Calendar : 4.5.9 (latest )
    – The error occurs in case of “Scheduled Import” and also “One Time Import”
    – Events –> Help show all green status for the Aggregator
    – I can upload the ics file into my own Google Calendar (so the problem is NOT with the Google calendar or URL )
    – The same import was “sort of working” with the previous iCal plugin, event though we also experienced several problems (mainly duplicated events) ..

Note that the only reason why we purchased the Events Calendar is for the import of Google calendars. This functionality is therefore extremely critical to us.

I will share in a follow-up/private message the URL to our Google calendar
    Any suggestion to fix this problem would be highly appreciated. We look forward to your reply.

Best,

Lise

Carla Dagnone
    Participant

This reply is private.

Carla Dagnone
    Participant

My problem is exactly the same as the one reported here:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/unable-to-import-google-calendar/

I have tried the solution suggested by Victor: disconnect the license and re-enter it but this DOES NOT work.

Looking forward to a solution…
    Thanks,

Lise

Patricia

Hey Lise,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I’m very sorry about this issue you are experiencing.

I’ve imported all events from your gCal, so I can confirm that the URL is correct.

Can you please let me know if you are experiencing this problem while trying to import from other sources like Facebook, CSV etc. as well?

Also, instead of importing directly from Google Calendar URL, can you please save a copy of the basic.ics file and try to import it using the “ICS file” Import Type?

Let me know your test results. Also, if you have any other questions in the mean time, please let me know and I’ll be happy to assist!

Regards,

Patricia

Carla Dagnone
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I tried to import the calendar using the “ICS Import” and I get the exact same error.
    “There was an error fetching the results from your import: Unknown service message.”

Do you have another suggestion…my client is getting a bit nervous …They just renew their License and are pretty disappointed that it is not working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Lisianne

Patricia

Hi Lise,

Thank you for letting me know about your test results!

I’ve ran a test from my end to verify if the problem was associated with your license, but it isn’t: the imports worked as expected while having your license enabled in my website.

Since we have a few more cases regarding this same issue, I’ve informed our developers and they will review your case.

In the mean time, a possible workaround is enabling your license in a different/staging website, importing the events you want from Google Calendar URL and use WordPress Import and Export tools to migrate your events from one site to another. You will find further information about this in the following article:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-wordpress-export-tools-to-migrate-events-content/

I realize that this is not a great workaround, but it is the only one available in your specific situation until we receive further information from our developers. Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a date at this point, but you will be contacted as soon as we have further information on this.

If for some reason the imports don’t run in your staging/dev site as well, please let me know and I’ll think about other possible solutions (perhaps I can run the import from my end and share the file with you if the issue persists).

Thanks for your understanding and if you have any other questions in the mean time, please let me know and I’ll be happy to assist!

Regards,

Patricia

Carla Dagnone
    Participant

Hi Patricia,

Thank you very much for the workaround. I was able to import the events.
    However this is not a long-term solution because it does not allow us to maintain the Calendar and update it with new events on a regular basis.

I would like to keep this ticket open until a fix has been provided.
    Please note that I updated Event Calendar to the latest version 4.5.10 but this did NOT resolve the issue.
    However I had no problem uploading the Google Calendar events on a totally new installation ( on my own web account / domain name ) . It is as if your Calendar product did not handle correctly the update from the former iCal to the new Event Aggregator …

Please keep us updated as progress are made by the development team .
    Thanks.

Lise

Patricia

Hi Carla,

I realize that this is not a great workaround, but I’m glad to know that it is temporarily helping you to import events to your calendar while our developers work to find a solution.

Since you were able to import your events using the same license in a new/default WordPress install, can you please run a conflict test to verify if a plugin or your current active theme is somehow affecting The Events Aggregator and generating this error?

Let me know if you need anything else in the mean time and I’ll be happy to assist!

Regards,

Patricia

Carla Dagnone
    Participant

Hello Patricia,

Thank you for your suggestion. At first, I was reluctant to do it again because before I reported the issue I had deactivated all plugins , changed the themes and it did not make any difference.
    After that, I updated the calendar to 4.5.10 and ,as I mentioned it, this did not resolve the problem on the production machine. However, I decided to deactivate all the plugins again and found that one (Relevansi) was in conflict with Event Calendar.

Relevansi had been running for months and months with Event Calendar so it seems that a combinaison of a new version of one or the other (or both) has introduced a conflict.

Thank you very much for your help on this issue . Please feel free to close the ticket.

Best,

Lisianne

Patricia

Hi Lisianne,

Thank you for sharing your findings with us! Can you please let me know if you are using the free or the paid version of Relevanssi?

I wasn’t able to replicate the conflict in my own website while having Relevanssi 3.5.12 installed and setup. Everything worked as expected: I am able to import from Google Calendar.

Can you please let us know if you have further information about the steps to recreate the conflict? It would be very helpful to find the cause of the issue.

Thanks!

Patricia

Patricia

Hi Lisianne,

I just wanted to follow up and thank you again for sharing this solution with us: I wasn’t able to replicate the conflict from my end, but we’ve found other users experiencing the same conflict as you did and disabling Relevanssi solved the problem for them as well.

Let us know if you need anything else and have a great day!

Cheers,

Patricia

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Import Google Calendar returns "There was an error fetching the results"’ is closed to new replies.