Unable to import google calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Unable to import google calendar

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Mario Flores
    Participant

I’ve been trying for about a week now and the error message keeps coming up saying “There was an error fetching the results from your import: Unknown service message”

All the settings appear correct and everything is updated, but it looks as though other people are having this issue as well.

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/scheduled-imports-not-working-with-google-calendar/

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/scheduled-imports-not-working-with-google-calendar/

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Mario!

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue too.

Like in the linked thread you reported, we are unfortunately experiencing some problems with scheduled events and the team is actively working towards a solution.

Just to confirm you are having the same issue as others, could you please let us know if those scheduled imports are from Facebook? If so, could you please see if those sources have upcoming events in it and share the Facebook URL with us?

Thanks,
    Victor

Mario Flores
    Participant

Hi Victor,

My issues are just with importing a calendar from Google. I’ve tried using the private address URL, the public url, and also an ical file. All result in the same error message.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Mario,

Thanks for clearing that out.

Could you please share the Google calendar URL so we can run some tests on our side?

Are you having the issue with scheduled imports or a One-time import? If scheduled import, are you able to run the import manually?

Could you please also go to Events > Help and under Event Aggregator System Status see if the connection is OK ?

Thanks,
    Victor

Mario Flores
    Participant

Hi Victor,

I get the same message on one-time import and scheduled import.

The URL I’m using is this one,

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/blueoakschool.org_1v9qchrldo9ekm71k67o7oml0c%40group.calendar.google.com/private-e5989f76f5e3e8a6a269515e0ddfa6b2/basic.ics

Also, under Event Aggregator System Status it says,

“Connected to https://ea.theeventscalendar.com/”
    “WP Cron enabled”

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Mario!

Thanks for checking that and for sharing the gCal URL.

I could import the gCal from my own local installation, so the import source seems is no problem here.

Could you please delete the key from your wp-admin > Events > Settings, disconnect your old license from https://theeventscalendar.com/license-keys/, and then enter your license and save again in your wp-admin settings ?

After that, try running some imports and see if it works.

Thanks,
    Victor

Mario Flores
    Participant

I removed the keys and added them back in as instructed, but I’m still getting the same error message “There was an error fetching the results from your import: Unknown service message”

I tried both one time and scheduled import and get the same results.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Mario!

Thanks for testing that out!

Could you please update to the latest version of our plugin (The Events Calendar version 4.5.9) and see if it works? This last version includes fixes and improvements to the Event Aggregator system that might be the solution to your issue.

Please let us know how that goes for you.

Thanks,
    Victor

Mario Flores
    Participant

Hi Victor,

I went ahead and updated the plugin, which looks like its at 4.5.10 now. Unfortunately I’m still getting the same error. I also tried repeating the last steps by removing the license keys and adding them back in, and also tried resetting my private URLs for the calendar link. No combination of the steps I’ve already tried before the update appear to be working.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Mario!

I’m sorry you are still experiencing that issue.

We have identified a problem with the imports from Google Calendar and the team is already working on a fix.

I’ve attached this thread to the bug report so you will get notified as soon as a bugfix is available.

In the meantime, the workaround would be to download the .ics file for the google calendar and importing it manually using ICS file as import origin. I know it’s not ideal, but it will allow you to at least import those events.

I apologise for this inconvenience and we’d appreciate your patience.

Best,
    Victor

Patricia

Hi Mario!

Can you please temporarily disable the Relevanssi plugin and let us know if you are able to import events from Google Calendar after that?

We have other users reporting this same error and they mentioned that disabling Relevanssi solved the issue.

Thanks!

Patricia

Mario Flores
    Participant

Good news!

Disabling the Relevanssi plugin solved my issue, I can now import the calendar with no issues.

Thanks!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Mario!

I’m glad to know everything is working fine now. Thanks for following up to let us know about it.

I’ll close this now, but feel free to open a new topic if anything comes up.

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Unable to import google calendar’ is closed to new replies.