Import Facebook

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Import Facebook

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    haaner-sommer
    Participant

Refering to your KB article https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/ea-fb-privacy-policy/ it should be still possible to import events from FB if you are using the correct user profile. I linked Event Aggregator to FB and used the same profile to create a test event. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to import this event afterwards into Event Calendar. This is very disappointing because I just upgraded to Event Aggregator and paid a new license which now is causing issue. Pls. get back to me asap with a working solution, thanks.

Courtney

Hi there Joerg

I am checking in with our developers on this access and if this holds true. Facebook made multiple changes, and those “workarounds” may no longer work. We are doing all we can to get this restored.

Thank you for your patience.

Thanks
    Courtney πŸ™‚

haaner-sommer
    Participant

Hallo Courtney,

how and where can I see / check (in the FB settings) that the plugin is linked correctly to the page? I couldn’t find anything in the FB-admin section about this.
    Pls. share some details.

Thank you!

Courtney

Hi Joerg

This is still accurate: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/ea-fb-privacy-policy/

So you can import events that you created on Facebook if you connect Facebook and EA using that same account. In most other cases, imports won’t work.

Can you confirm that on Facebook, you have personally created the events (not another admin on a page) and that your site is authenticating using your Facebook account?

Thanks
    Courtney πŸ™‚

haaner-sommer
    Participant

Hi Courtney,

I can confirm that I created the FB Event with the same profile I used to link the Site to FB. I created a test event especially for this scenario and to be sure the same profiles were used.
    Unfortunately the event still do not import.
    So I’m afraid I still need help to get this issue solved.

Thanks.

haaner-sommer
    Participant

Hi,

I also relinked Aggregator again to the FB page using the same profile which I used to create the (test-) event. Just to be sure everything is in sync with the profiles.
    But the plugin still does not import the test-event.
    I have spent some time now on testing things without solving the issue.
    Can you pls. help now!

Thanks.

Courtney

Hi Joerg

Are your events public?

Thanks
    Courtney πŸ™‚

haaner-sommer
    Participant

Hallo Courtney,

yes, our events are all public. We are a non profit organisation which offers public events during the summer month (holiday time). Therefore we need to setup 100 – 150 events in FB which we also want to imports into our WordPress instance.
    As said before here is the test-event I created if you want to have a look:

https://www.facebook.com/events/369794723539969/

Cheers

haaner-sommer
    Participant

Attached the screen print of the event…

Courtney

Thanks Joerg

I’d like to try sending this on for more testing. Can you share with us your System Info https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/?

And one final effort – can you cut your license out of the Events Β» Settings Β» Licenses field for Event Aggregator to deactivate it, then place it back in to activate and try one more time to import your event – manual first.

With so many changes happening with Facebook, it is a bit complicated to narrow down what might be happening here.

Thanks
    Courtney πŸ™‚

haaner-sommer
    Participant

This reply is private.

Courtney

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Import Facebook’ is closed to new replies.