Import CSV Fails

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Import CSV Fails

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    cevans
    Participant

Hey There,

When I go to import a CSV on our multisite network and click preview, I’m getting this JS console error:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'success' of null
        at Object.r.handle_preview_create_results (aggregator-fields.min.js?ver=4.6.14.1:1)
        at i (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,moxiejs,plupload&ver=4.9.5:2)
        at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,moxiejs,plupload&ver=4.9.5:2)
        at y (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,moxiejs,plupload&ver=4.9.5:4)
        at XMLHttpRequest.c (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,moxiejs,plupload&ver=4.9.5:4)

I don’t get this error using the exact same plugin configuration on my local machine. The only difference that I can think of is that our production multisite is running on multiple AWS EC2 instances via Elastic Beanstalk and Domain Mapping is being used. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

cevans
    Participant

It appears that there’s a conflict with the S3 Offload plugin from https://deliciousbrains.com/.

With our WordPress instance being static and horizontally scalable, we can’t store files in wp-contents, so they’re offloaded to S3. On a very rare occasion, I can get the CSV to preview, but it’s not consistent.

The CSV is readily accessible from S3 from the url, so I don’t know what if The Events Calendar is trying to pull from the URL or some other way through the WP Media Library.

I would really appreciate your guys’ help to get this functioning properly.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Just wanted to let you know that we are dealing with a high volume of threads at the moment and it may take us more than usual to get back to you.

In the meantime, if you are dealing with an issue, please make sure you have gone through our Testing for Conflicts Guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/ and let us know if any difference under default conditions.

Also please provide as much information about the issue as possible and share links and screenshots so we can have as reference.

Finally, don’t forget to share your complete system information by following the steps in this guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

We appreciate your patience while we slowly get back to normal response times.

Best,
    Victor

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Tim!

Thanks for your patience here.

So you mention that you’ve been able to narrow the problem down to conflict with the S3 Offload plugin. Could you please share with us, in a private reply, a copy of the plugin?

Also, please share with us the CSV file you are trying to import and let us know as much as you can about how to reproduce the issue.

We’ll run some tests on our end and see what we can find.

Thanks,
    Victor

cevans
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Tim!

I’m sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Just wanted to see if you were able to get some insight from the S3 Offload plugin authors.

Could you please also enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG ? This will create a debug.log file inside the /wp-content directory.

After that, try reproducing the issue a few times, so that in case there is an error, it will be saved into the debug.log file. Please share that log file with us so we can see if any problem from there.

Thanks,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Import CSV Fails’ is closed to new replies.