Import contains wrong dates for recurring and multi-day events

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Import contains wrong dates for recurring and multi-day events

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Jill Beim
    Participant

I just purchased the iCal importer add-on. It installed without issue, but it is not working correctly. I tried creating a recurring import, but when I run the search to see what will be imported, it has the same start and end date for all the occurrences of a repeating event. See the “echo” event in the attached screenshot. Also, in the screenshot you’ll see an event called “Fall Camp” that has 4 entries all with the same start and end date. This is actually a multi-day event which occurs on Nov. 3, 4th and 5th. So not only are the dates wrong, but there are 4 instances/4days?

The URL for the ICS file is: webcal://centrallutheran.ccbchurch.com/group_calendar.ics?id=164&tk=RUERQW6FE4BJ8U58Q46UVCNWJRCZB4EF

Our version of WordPress and all plugins are up-to-date. I also tried deactivating all plugins except Events Calendar plugins and it worked the same way.

Please advise on how to correct this issue. Thanks

Hunter

Hey Jill!

Thank you for your purchases and welcome to the support forums 🙂

I’d also like to thank you for being so in-depth with your initial post and for reviewing our Testing for conflicts guide prior to posting.

I believe you’re experiencing a known bug which we have aimed to address in an upcoming release. For the time being, I’ve granted you a license for 2 months so you can download our Events Aggregator plugin, which is still in “beta development” – meaning it hasn’t been released to the public. To access that plugin, visit My Account > Downloads

Look for an Early Access area beneath your licenses. Download The Events Calendar RC (release candidate) and install it in your site. Once it’s installed, input the Event Aggregator license. You’ll then be able to import iCal feeds without installing iCal Importer plugin. Make sure it (iCal Importer) is deactivated to avoid conflicts.

To import the feed, visit Events > Import > iCalendar and import the feed. As always, if you run into troubles, refer to the Testing for conflicts guide. Please note we are not currently support EA yet, but once it’s been included in the core plugin, it will be fully supported.

Lastly, I’ve added this forum thread to the logged bug report for the developers to reference while working on improvements. Stay tuned to our Release Notes for more info.

Thanks again and please let me know how everything goes. Cheers!

Jill Beim
    Participant

I see by the release notes that you released a new version of the iCal importer. I tried installing this instead of installing the RC version of the Calendar and removing the iCal importer plugin. The issue of repeating events importing with the same start date seems to have been fixed. However, the multi-day event still seems to have issues. The multi-day event is still having issues with the number of days that are being created. For example, the Fall Camp Event that should be Nov. 4-6 now shows up as 4 events – on Nov. 4th, Nov. 5th, Nov. 6th and Nov. 7th. So the start date issue for the multi-day event has been fixed, but it’s still creating an extra day for the event.

Will repeating/recurring events ever import as a single event with multiple occurrences or will they always be imported as separate events?

Should I still try using the RC version of the Calendar plugin instead of using this new release of iCal importer? I wasn’t sure which would be the better option.

George
    Participant

Hey Jill,

Thanks for trying out some new versions of the software and for your follow-up here.

Will repeating/recurring events ever import as a single event with multiple occurrences or will they always be imported as separate events?

At this time, when it comes to iCal Importer they will always be imported as separate events.

Should I still try using the RC version of the Calendar plugin instead of using this new release of iCal importer? I wasn’t sure which would be the better option.

☝️ This is a great question, and the things you’re finding may be related to what versions of our software you are running. To help me answer both this question and to take a closer look at the issues you’re having with multi-day events, can you post your site’s System Information to this thread again? I know you already shared this information when you opened the thread, but I’m just curious for another look at it now that you’ve updated some of the plugins. Here is how to share the system information → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Thanks for your patience here!
    George

Jill Beim
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Jill Beim
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Jill Beim
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Jill Beim
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Jill Beim
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Import contains wrong dates for recurring and multi-day events’ is closed to new replies.