ICAL not Importing All events

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator ICAL not Importing All events

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Robert
    Participant

Hello,

As of this afternoon the ICAL Importer isn’t finding the events on my Google Calendar feed.
    Here is the Google ICAL URL
    https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/fresnochristian.com_4eommekc6h9012l6m3f557pr7s%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

When I paste this into the ICAL URL field I get this error if the date is 2016-05-09 “Your search returned no results. Please adjust your search.”

If I change the date to 2016-01-01 I get one event, there are hundreds of events on the calendar.
    This worked until today.

Thank you,

Robert Hyatt

Cliff

Hi Robert.

Thanks for your thorough question.

I opened the iCal file in a text editor and saw there were many, many events. I see some events from the year 1970 (is this on purpose?)

Anyway, I put that URL in this iCal file validator, and it did not validate, which is the first step in making sure an iCal file will be imported properly. Therefore, please address that first.

Robert
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you for you prompt reply!
    I found the errors and I was able to get a “Congratulations; your calendar validated!” message.
    After removing the attachments that were causing the error I pasted the iCal URL into the iCAL field and I get the same message: “Your search returned no results. Please adjust your search.”
    If I change the search date to 2016-01-01 I get 1 result
    If I change the search date to 2015-08-01 I get 12 results, there should be many more.
    IF I change the search date to 2011-08-01 I get 24 results, there should be many more.

I went back to 1970 in the Google Calendar and there were no events present in 1970 but I did see in the text editor that there were 2 entries for 1970.

Here is the URL again:
    https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/fresnochristian.com_4eommekc6h9012l6m3f557pr7s%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

Thank you again for you help.

Robert

Robert
    Participant

Hello,

I have downgraded Events Calendar to 4.1.2 to match Events Calendar Pro 4.1.2 and iCal Importer 4.1.2.
    This did not resolve the issue.

Thank you again for you time on this.

Robert

Cliff

Thanks for working on that.

When I tried that URL in iCal Importer without changing the default Start Date (defaults to today), I see this: http://cl.ly/303C3J3L3J1S

Therefore, please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

If it doesn’t, would you mind enabling WP_DEBUG and sharing any messages you see while navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket?

After all that, please let us know if you think you’ve found a bug.

Thanks.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘ICAL not Importing All events’ is closed to new replies.