iCal Link not importing into Google Calendar via URL

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO iCal Link not importing into Google Calendar via URL

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lee Ball
    Participant

Hi,

So far the Facebook Events is working great but I had someone ask me a question about adding the calendar (my sites calendar) to Google Calendar.

I had a go on the demo site you’ve got ( http://wpshindig.com/ ) and found I could right click on the “Export Calendar” and paste that URL into Google Calendar via the “Import Calendar by URL” option in Google.

That doesn’t seem to work on my site though, here are the two URL’s I used to test:

Your Demo Site: http://wpshindig.com/events/?ical=1&tribe_display=month

My Site: https://www.thisisrammy.co.uk/events/?ical=1&tribe_display=month

When adding my site by URL it either adds it and there are no events in the calendar, or it doesn’t add it.

The demo site works fine and as expected.

Am I missing something?

Cliff

Hi Lee. Thanks for your detailed question, and I’m glad to hear that Facebook Importer is working great for you.

Your question is actually regarding our free/core plugin and not regarding Facebook Importer add-on.

Just to set the foundation of what to expect by default, when you click the “Export Month’s Events” button, it will only export that month’s events. For example, if you’re in June 2016 and click to export, it’ll only export June’s events (past, today, and future within June 2016).

When I visited your site’s Month View, I noticed the month view is the mobile layout even on a wide desktop browser window. This is not by default, as you can see at our demo site’s Month View.

Therefore, I’d suggest following our recommended troubleshooting steps:

There might be some new updates available. Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

If it doesn’t, please share your System Information. That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem.

Let us know what you find out about your month view iCal export file.

Thanks.

Lee Ball
    Participant

I’ve found the issue with the layout, it seems W3 Total Cache is being odd, if I disable it it works.

I’m going through it’s settings now to fix it.

Relating to the export, I know it’s supposed to download a file, but you can just plug that URL into the Google Calendar for example.

Try it using your demo site, it works nicely. I’ve not checked if it’s just a month, or if it renews/refreshes when new events are added or not.

Cliff

Thanks for testing and determining the issue was with W3TC.

Sometimes just deactivating it and reactivating it helps fix it.

Sorry, but I wasn’t clear if your issue was resolved or not. If not, please explain further.

Thank you!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘iCal Link not importing into Google Calendar via URL’ is closed to new replies.