iCal Importer imports ical recurring all on the same date

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator iCal Importer imports ical recurring all on the same date

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Carla
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Carla
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Carla.
    Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Carla
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Geoff

Hi Carla,

We wanted to let you know that we recently released iCal Importer version 4.2.5.1 and it included a fix for the issue you reported for duplicated recurring event instances on import. Please update when you have the chance and defintely let us know if you continue to run into any problems.

Thanks so much for the heads up and for your patience while we worked on this!

Cheers,
    Geoff

Carla
    Participant

Hi Geoff, We updated the 4.2.5.1 hotfix a while ago (September 29, 2016) already. However that hotfix also has a bug which needs to be fixed. Please refer to my post (October 5, 2016)

The iCal calendar (same ical url as above) has events running Monday to Friday. However the import display them in TEC from Monday to Saturday. It adds an extra day to the repeating events.

I was given a Event aggregator license however TEC 4.3 slows down my website when I activate the license. When I remove the license the speed goes back to normal.

Either solution (fix to iCal importer or upgrade to TEC with EA) doesn’t 100% work for me. We have launched our website a month ago today and the calendar page is useless as there is no solution or fix and it’s very time consuming to manually delete all events and then add them again.

Also if the iCal importer gets fixed, that also means I need to upgrade to your previous paid version of TEC pro, as the pro is the only one that can overwrite imported events. The new free version with EA seems to have more problems unfortunately.

I look forward to a solution soon.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Carla,

Thanks for hanging in there and I’m really sorry this is taking so long to resolve.

The issue with EA making your the site slow looks like a complicated issue. (For my reference #68226) At the moment we are not quite sure yet what could be causing this as there are no other reports on similar behavior.

What you can try is ask your IT responsible to allow the intranet site full access to the outside world (both directions) and check if that makes a difference.

Also check if you have some browser extension that could block some URLs and disable that extension in the browser. A colleague reported similar issues when Privacy Badger extension in Chrome was active.

[Oct. 5] The iCal calendar (same ical url as above) has events running Monday to Friday. However the import display them in TEC from Monday to Saturday. It adds an extra day to the repeating events.

This is a bug unfortunately. We ticketed it and is on increased priority, however at the moment I cannot confirm any date for fix being released.There’s a chance it will be still this year.

Again, I’m really sorry for the long conversation without any fix for the issues, but they are being worked on. Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,
    Andras

Carla
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Carla
    Participant

Thanks Andras, I installed the following versions that don’t slow down our website:

• TEC 4.3.2
    • TEC Pro 4.3.2
    • iCal Importer 4.2.5.1

Also ticked “Overwrite existing events” (Please see screenshot).

However it is still duplicating events and not overwriting events (Please see screenshot).

I was hoping to close this off but there are still bugs with the iCal plugin.

1. Overwrite does not work
    2. Adds an extra day to last day of repeating events

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks

Andras
    Keymaster

Dear Carla,

I’m sorry that there are still some problems. This is a really frustrating issue. We had a duplication issue before and it was supposedly fixed. But apparently there are still cases when it comes back.

I tested the feed that you sent way back and I can confirm that events are being duplicated / overwrite doesn’t work. I will open a bug ticket with high priority on this so a fix can be developed.

2. Adds an extra day to last day of repeating events

This issue has recently been reported to us. We already have ticketed it and is waiting for a developer to be assigned to the case. (Note for me: #67492)

I sincerely apologize again for the long thread and the issues you are having.

I do hope and wish that a fix for both issues comes soon, so you can have a properly working calendar on your intranet site.

I believe this is all we can do at the moment. I am going mark this ticket as “waiting for a fix”. The issue is still open and we will update this ticket once we release a fix, so you will be informed.

If you have any new questions or issues please create a new ticket and reference this one.

I wish you a great weekend!

Cheers,

Andras

Carla
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • The topic ‘iCal Importer imports ical recurring all on the same date’ is closed to new replies.