iCal Importer imports ical recurring all on the same date

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator iCal Importer imports ical recurring all on the same date

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Carla
    Participant

Hi similar issue as https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/ical-importer-imports-google-recurring-all-on-the-same-date/

all repeat events are being imported as the same date

Could you please let me know if another paid plugin is required or if this is a feature that is missing from the iCal importer.

Thank you

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Carla,

Thanks for reaching out and I’m sorry you are having this issue.

No, no other plugin is required to be able to import repeated events.

It seems you are being affected by a know bug recently reported (a couple of days ago) by another customer. We have already ticketed this bug so a fix should be coming along in the future.

Could you possibly share the file or the link to the feed which you are trying to import? It could help us with fixing this issue.

If you would like to create repeating / recurring events (not import), then you will need the Events Calendar Pro plugin. The importing works without EC Pro.

Also note, then whether you have or you don’t have EC Pro, when importing recurring events, they will always be imported as separate events.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

Carla
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Carla.
    Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Carla
    Participant

Hello, How is this issue tracking? The iCal importer also seems to be replicating non repeating events? For example on the same iCal url link above the December 16 “Sydney- End of Year Function ” was imported multiple times.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Carla
    Participant

Thanks.. the fix work as it no longer repeats event on the same day.. But the events each time the get imported they get duplicated.

For example. I imported the ical events from Events > Import > Saved Recurring Imports > Import selected now

Did this twice and the events got imported again. Isn;t there a way to not import already imported events. Like a checker?

I did this test as the events are also configured to add events every 30 minutes.

Carla
    Participant

Hello, further to the above comment, I can confirm the events get added again every 30 minutes.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Carla,

I’m happy it fixed the issue of importing on the same date.

Do I understand correctly that now they import every 30 minutes and new instances are created for all the imported events?

Thanks for clarifying!

Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Ok, I checked your feed with the updated plugin and setting up a 5-miunte recurring import and managed to reproduce the issue.

There is a setting, which you can click to overwrite existing events. Can you confirm, that when you switch that on to overwrite, it is still producing a new instance of the imported events?

Please also make sure the all your other Modern Tribe plugins are updated to the latest version.

Thanks,
    Andras

Carla
    Participant

Thanks Andras,

Could you please let me know where that setting is? I’m looking but not able to find it. Using:

• The Events Calendar Version 4.2.7
    • The Events Calendar: iCal ImporterVersion 4.2.5.1
    Carla
    Participant

Screenshot attached

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Carla,

You can check that setting when you are setting up your recurring import. It is at the bottom, just above the ‘Save Recurring Import’ button. See screenshot attached.

Cloudup 2mzmwjbj2dm

You should also be able to see that setting when you edit an already created recurring event. That checkbox should be between Keywords and Import Status, like here:

Cloudup 5cp123k45sy

Cheers,
    Andras

Carla
    Participant

Thanks Andras,

I don’t have that option between Keyword and Import status as you can see on my previous screenshot.

Also when setting up a new recurring import. the option is missing above the ‘Save Recurring Import’ button.

I have deleted the plugin, re downloaded it and uploaded again. Still no option to overwrite existing. Please see screenshot.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • The topic ‘iCal Importer imports ical recurring all on the same date’ is closed to new replies.