iCal Importer imports ical recurring all on the same date

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator iCal Importer imports ical recurring all on the same date

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Oliver
    Participant

Carla, so it appears after asking this question in another thread. You have to buy the Pro Calendar plugin to have this option, which they don’t mention anywhere.

Carla
    Participant

Really? I hope that’s not the case. If so that makes this plugin a bit useless. I wish I was told that on my pre-sales question.

Without overwriting the existing events, this plugin is only good for a once off import. Otherwise it we’ll end up with multiple repeats every 30 minutes, etc.

Andras could you please confirm?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Oliver, thanks for chiming in.

Hey Carla,

Yes, unfortunately that is the case, I’m sorry. I wasn’t aware of this limitation of the overwrite up until yesterday.

Good news is though that we are launching version 4.3 of The Events Calendar plugin sometime next week โ€“ if all goes according to plan. With TEC 4.3 comes Event Aggregator which is basically a new importing tool. If I know correctly, current users who have a valid license for iCal importer will get a kick at it. Also, in EA the overwrite function will not be a Pro feature, it will be standard. And EA doesnโ€™t suffer from the bug you described. So in a week all your importing troubles will be solved. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers,
    Andras

Carla
    Participant

Thanks Andras for confirming. I look forward to it. Hope to see it become available soon as our intranet is launching this week.

Regards.

Carla
    Participant

hi Andras, I think I found a bug with the repeating events or maybe it’s a setting that needs to be set.

The iCal calendar (same ical url as above) has events running Monday to Friday. However the import display them in TEC from Monday to Saturday. It adds an extra day to the repeating events.

Could you please verify this is a bug or a setting that needs to be set?

Thanks

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Carla.
    Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Carla,

I did several test runs, and indeed it looks like a bug. I’m going to add this to our bug list as well. (You are a true bughunter, Carla! Wanna join our team? ๐Ÿ™‚ )

Good news is, I tested it with Event Aggregator, and with that it works as expected, Monday to Friday.

(EA is just around the corner, it will come before the iCal import fix for sure.)

Thanks for your patience and let me know if I can help with anything else.

Cheers,
    Andras

Carla
    Participant

Thanks Andras, maybe if possible send me an early release of EA, I can do a bug check before it is finally released.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Carla,

Unfortunately the beta testing for the Release Candidate is closed already. Give me some time to check if I can share it with you any other way.

Thanks for hanging in there!

Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Carla
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Carla
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Carla
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • The topic ‘iCal Importer imports ical recurring all on the same date’ is closed to new replies.