Ical Feed with ALL events

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Ical Feed with ALL events

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Alex Ferre

Hi.
    I’ve struggled with this issue forever, and I can’t still find an aswer.
    Is there a way to have an iCal feed so I can have ALL the events I publish with the plugin in my Google Calendar? Not only the current month, but ALL.
    Is it a paid feature?
    I’ve searched and read hundreds of posts in the forums, and I haven’t seen a single answer clarifying this issue, which seems a pretty reasonable feature in my opinion.
    Should I give up? Is it fixed in the paid version of the plugin?
    Thank you

Alex Ferre

Hi! Any comments on this? I’d like to know if the PRO Version solves the problem so it’s worth it for me. I need to see all my events in my Google Calendar. So if PRO does it I’ll happy to buy.
    I’ve seen this has been an issue for many years with this plugin, and I’d like to know if it’s solved or if it will be in the near future.
    THanks!

Caroline

Hi Alex,

Thanks for reaching out! The quickest way to grab an ICS file containing all of your calendar events would be to use The Events Calendar’s list view–when showing events in list view, The Events Calendar will limit events only by the default number of posts per page that’s specified in your WordPress settings. Simply set this number to a number higher than the number of events you have (such as 1000), then access your calendar in list view, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click the Export Events button to download the ICS file of your events.

Please note that while both versions of The Events Calendar do support ICS file export, there is no way to generate a true iCal feed for syncing new events and updates to an external calendar. You may prefer to instead go with Event Aggregator, which would allow you to sync events the opposite way from Google Calendar to The Events Calendar. I’d be glad to answer any questions you might have about this plugin option!

I hope that helps to answer your questions here! Thanks again for dropping by, and let us know if there’s anything else we can do to assist!

Alex Ferre

Hi Caroline.
    Thank you for your answer.

I’m a little confused, since you say:

“there is no way to generate a true iCal feed for syncing new events and updates to an external calendar.”

I’m doing it right now. I have an iCal feed so I can see events in my Google Calendar. But it only syncs events during the current month. And it actually got it once to show all of them. This is why I was asking about this feature and why I’m confused now. Could you please clarify that?

Thank you very much!

Caroline

Hi Alex,

Thanks for following up! Would you be so kind as to show us how you’ve set up an iCal feed to your Google Calendar that syncs your events from The Events Calendar? I must admit that now we’re a bit confused, as we don’t offer ICS feed functionality at this time–so we’re definitely curious as to how you might have achieved this on your end! 😉

Once we’ve gotten a look at how your current feed setup is configured, we can certainly do our best to suggest ways that you might adapt it to bring in all of your events.

Thank you!

Alex Ferre

Hi Caroline.
    Sorry for the delay, I didn’t see your answer before.

There have been a lot of threads talking about this same issue in the recent years, so you might find other people doing that in the past and struggling with the same issue as me.

For example, back in 2013:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/link-for-full-calendar-ical-import/
    And in 2012:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/write-webcal-address-as-webcal/

And there are some more recent ones too, being one of the latest this one:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/ical-url-for-events-calendar/

So, in my case:

Website calendar: http://hestiaformacio.com/eventos/
    URL set in Google Calendar: webcal://hestiaformacio.com/eventos/?ical=1&feed-year=1

That’s as far as I could go. It used to show me one year in advance, now it only shows (and syncs) one month.

I also think this is a very useful feature, as other people have said. If you can give a solution for that, you’ll cheer up many hearts! And it looks like you’re not so far 😉

Thank you

Caroline

Hi Alex,

Thanks for following up with some more information! I’m so sorry for the confusion here–our iCal feeds do indeed work as a live feed of your calendar events, though they don’t support syncing from external sources back to The Events Calendar. It looks like you’ve already figured this out, but I wanted to provide a little extra clarification just in case! 🙂

Can you try checking this feed URL to see if it exports the correct number of events?

http://hestiaformacio.com/eventos/list/?tribe_paged=0&tribe_event_display=list&ical=1&tribe_display=list

Give it a shot, and let me know if it works for you!

Alex Ferre

Thank you Caroline,
    I’ll check it, although it seems to be working now. Weird…
    If it stops working I’ll try to use this URL you sent me.

Thanks!

Caroline

Hi Alex,

How strange–but glad to hear that things seem to be working well on your end, either way! 🙂 Since it looks like you’re all sorted by now, I’m going to go ahead and close this thread out to keep things moving along. Please don’t hesitate to follow up with a new thread if there’s anything else that we can do to assist! Cheers, and thanks again for stopping by!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Ical Feed with ALL events’ is closed to new replies.