Link for full calendar iCal import

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Link for full calendar iCal import

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Kregg Kish
    Participant

Hello,
    I noticed that on new version the ical import link will depend on what view you’re in. If you’re within month, you will get a link to import that month and so on.
    How can I do to import the full calendar instead? I looked into options and nothing is showed there.
    Thanks in advance

Rob

Hey there frontpor. It was I who saw your tweet (and the one you sent previously under a separate name)…I apologize for the inconvenience and more importantly for the delay. This one shouldn’t have slipped through the cracks and I’m sorry it did.

This may apply to time-centric views, but I just tried LIST view (/events/upcoming) and pulled the iCal file from there…and it included everything on the list. Though that list only showed events through August 17, when imported to iCal I saw stuff through the end of the year (our last event on the test site).

Have you experienced the same with list view specifically? If so, mind sending me a link to your site so I can check it out in action?

Kregg Kish
    Participant

Thanks Rob for the response. Let me see if I can help clarify

Current Production Site: http://stmichael.cdeducation.org/calendar We have another companies calendar where we are able to provide the ical url for the full calendar for users to setup in their calendars.

Current Dev URL: http://stmichael.wpengine.com/events using the events calendar pro and would like to be able to provide a url to offer the same feature to users. Is this available?

Thanks

Kregg

Kregg Kish
    Participant

Hi Rob

I hope all is well. Any answer to this? I am just looking to see if this feature is available and if so what URL structure is used.

Thanks

Kregg

Rob

Hey again Kregg. As I noted on Twitter, I spoke to the developers to see if there’s an easy way to accomplish this (it’s definitely not an out-of-the-box feature at the moment). It looks like at the moment the biggest gap between what I proposed and what you’re seeing is that my solution works for list view; and it seems like you guys are using calendar view as your primary.

You’ll see if you view the actual link for that iCal file you provided at http://stmichael.wpengine.com/events?ical=1&tribe_display=month. But if you were to change that to http://stmichael.wpengine.com/events?ical=1 (which I just tested now), it will provide the full link for the full calendar. Got a dev looking at how the easiest way to override that would be (either a template override or a change to your functions.php is my guess) and should have a reply within the next few minutes here.

Rob

Hey again Kregg. So I talked this out in greater depth with the dev team, and sadly given how our current implementation is done, template overrides and functions.php tweaks aren’t going to have an impact for this particular use case. We’re looking at making this more easily filterable in the future, or possibly adding it as a setting, but no significant work has been done on that end yet.

That said, if you’re willing to hack at the core plugin files a bit (which isn’t advised but is totally within your rights), we’ve got a solution that should do the trick. It isn’t perfect but it ought to help tide you over for now.

Basically you’ll need to change a line of JS. In the .dev. file:

var new_link = url + separator + ‘ical=1’ + ‘&’ + ‘tribe_display=’ + ts.view;

needs to be changed to

var new_link = url + separator + ‘ical=1’ + ‘&’ + ‘tribe_display=upcoming’;

That *should* make it work like in list view for every view. This help?

Rob

Wanted to check in with you, Kregg, since I never heard anything back here. Are you still stuck?

Kregg Kish
    Participant

Hi Rob

Since the full calendar ical feed was not a option without a hack of the core plugin we decided not to use it on this project and with another option.

I appreciate the follow-up and would request Modern Tribe consider this on future releases.

Have a great day!

Kregg

Rob

Thanks for the follow-up, Kregg – and that is totally understandable. Sorry the release wasn’t able to meet your needs and I wish you the best of luck on the project! This is definitely now on the radar for us.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Link for full calendar iCal import’ is closed to new replies.