I Need a Free Ticket Choice in Order to Make My System Work

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus I Need a Free Ticket Choice in Order to Make My System Work

• This topic has 35 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by ross capaccio.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    ross capaccio
    Participant

In my last post I mentioned that I need a free ticket choice that shares event capacity. Your tech support said “… a free ticket by setting the ticket cost to 0, which should be able to give you the functionality that you are looking for.” The plugin does not take a zero cost. If it did the problem would be solved. Everything is working perfectly and we are really excited to get the system up and running but I need a free ticket option. If someone can build this at an additional cost I would pay it.

Please let me know what my options are.

Adoption Center of Illinois
    Web Guy

juanfra
    Keymaster

Hey Ross,

Thank you for reaching out to us! And welcome back! I hope you are doing well.

To get started, could you please confirm that all of your plugins are up-to-date? Also, please share your system info with us so we can further investigate the issue and forward the necessary info to our devs.

I’ve just tried what my colleague recommended and I can confirm that it is possible to put the zero number and create a free ticket. Please check the following screenshot: https://cloudup.com/chR_GAPG1vi

Thank you,

Juan

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This support thread is private.

juanfra
    Keymaster

Hey Ross,

Thank you for the follow-up and sharing your info with me.

Are you using tribe-commerce for the tickets? The test I’ve performed before was with the WooCommerce integration.

Would you please be so kind of sharing a screenshot of your Events > Settings > Tickets section? And if you could share a dump of your events would also be super helpful.

Thank you again,

Juan.

ross capaccio
    Participant

I am using tribe-commerce for the tickets. Attached are three screen shots, 2 for the tickets settings, and one for my event. How do I share a dump of events? I only have one event.

juanfra
    Keymaster

Hey Ross,

Thank you for the follow-up.

I see. I was able to replicate the issue when using tribe commerce. I can confirm, at this point, that free tickets cannot be created when using tribe commerce. I’ve been checking with our development team and it has to do with some PayPal limitations.

In the meantime, you could use WooCommerce to sell tickets and that way you’d be able to have your free ticket functionality working in almost no time.

If you only need the ticket (main and only ticket) for the event to be free, you can also try to create an RSVP ticket with just Event Tickets.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thank you for your patience on this!

Best,

Juan.

ross capaccio
    Participant

Hi Juan, I need to sell three ticket types, one free one at $25 and one at $15. I will use Woocommerce if that is what it takes. I’m not that familiar with that can you send some simple instructions on how to make Woo commerce work with event ticket plus? I did have Woocommerce set up at one point and it broke the interface. The widget where you increase the number of tickets broke when I install the plug. I’ll send you a screenshot but in the meantime how do I set up Woocommerce?

Ross H. Capaccio, @roosdesign
    Adoption Center of Illinois
    Direct: +1 (773) 899-0086

juanfra
    Keymaster

Hi Ross,

Thanks for the follow-up.

Ok, then for your particular case I think the most immediate answer to your problem would be using WooCommerce.

Setting up WooCommerce is pretty straightforward. All you need to do is install the plugin and after you do the activation, follow their instructions in terms of the different “store settings”, like currency, and that type of things. Once you’re done with the install and activation, when editing the ticket you will need to go to Events > Tickets and untick the “Enable Tribe Commerce“. That way, your tickets will be managed by WooCommerce.

Once you’re done with installing WooCommerce and setting things up, you can go and edit the event, and in the “Tickets” box you’ll be able to add the tickets you want for that particular event.

You can also learn more about the WooCommerce specific settings in this article. You may also want to take a look at the tips for the WooCommerce compatibility with The Events Calendar.

Best,

Juan.

ross capaccio
    Participant

Great news! I now have my free ticket option using Woocommerce and Woocommerce Stripe for my class that sells tickets.

Now for the not so great news. I have a class where I don’t sell tickets, admission is free, so I’m using the RSVP option. But since installing the Woo plugins, the RSVP widget does not show the Ticket Fieldset I created. It did show before installing the Woo plugins.

Here’s the site URL: http://437.10f.myftpupload.com/

juanfra
    Keymaster

Hi Ross,

So you have another event where you only need RSVP, right? Would you please send me a screenshot of what you see when you go to edit that ticket in the RSVP section?

Have you done any template customization in your theme?

Best,

Juan.

ross capaccio
    Participant

Hi Juan, BTW, thank you for the awesome technical support. I feel we’ve come a long way. If we can get the Ticket Fieldset to work properly for the RSVP only class, I believe I will have successfully deployed my class registration system using your awesome products.

So, to answer your question, I have not done any template customization in my theme.

Attached are 4 screen captures representing the edit section for the RSVP only class.

juanfra
    Keymaster

Hi Ross,

Thanks for the follow-up and your kind words. We do our best to provide the best support as possible. So, thank you for the feedback, we appreciate it.

I’ve tried to recreate your ticket in my local install, and with the default theme (twentyseventeen), I could successfully do it. The RSVP fields are displaying correctly. That’s perhaps the main reason why I was asking you if have done any customization in the templates that may have changed the default behavior of the RSVP fields in the front-end. For example, if you create a “test” ticket with RSVP (using a new fieldset) do you get the same error?

Thanks for your patience, we’re close to finding the ultimate solution for your site 🙂

Juan.

ross capaccio
    Participant

I just created a test RSVP only event and created a new fieldset, still no info form.

juanfra
    Keymaster

Hey Ross,

I’m not sure if you’ve done this customization, but your site has the following CSS:

.tribe-tickets-meta-row {
        display: none;
    }

So, the fields are there, but can’t be seen because they’re hidden via CSS. If you remove that line of CSS then the additional fields should be displayed.

Best,
    Juan.

ross capaccio
    Participant

Great progress since we last spoke.

On another matter. I’m testing selling tickets. I started with a capacity of 38, sold three tickets, capacity is now 35. I deleted the three tickets I sold, and was expecting to see the capacity reset back to 38, but the capacity (as you can see in the attached image is still at 35) does not change. How do I reset capacity.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • The topic ‘I Need a Free Ticket Choice in Order to Make My System Work’ is closed to new replies.