I can access my event submission page

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events I can access my event submission page

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Doug De Stefano
    Participant

I can’t access my event submission page at http://www.awakeninghearts.com/events/community/add
    I keep getting this response for over a week now.
    Error 500 – Internal Server Error
    An error was encountered while processing your request. Typically this is a temporary condition. Please contact the web site owner for further assistance.

The only thing new is that I updated all my plugins Events Calendar, Events Calendar Pro, Cummunity Events, Filter Bar and the bought and added Events Aggregator. Thats it. Any ideas? Any known conflicts with Events Aggregator and Community Events?

Patricia

Hey Doug,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I’m very sorry about this issue you are experiencing, let me help you to solve this!

The 500 Internal Server Error is a very general HTTP status code that means something has gone wrong on your website’s server, but the server could not be more specific on what the exact problem is. This status code is usually associated with a PHP Fatal Error, so to help us to identify the cause of this issue, can you please check your PHP error log? If you don’t have access to this log, you can ask your hosting provider to share this info with you.

You can also check this by yourself by temporarily enabling WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG via FTP and share with us any messages you see while accessing your event submission page. All WP_DEBUG messages will be stored in a debug.log file in /wp-content/debug.log.

If you have any other questions in the meantime, please let me know and I’ll be happy to assist!

Regards,

Patricia

Doug De Stefano
    Participant

Patricia…Thanks! Well I did what you said and this is what the Debug.Log has in it.
    Please tell me if any of that makes sense with this issue. Also a quick aside. I keep getting notices of 2 plugins about to expire but I renewed them all weeks ago. Should I be concerned that you will shut them down?…Thanks

[18-Aug-2017 07:04:43 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; buffercode_banner_upload_info has a deprecated constructor in /home/theinn10/public_html/devsite/wp-content/plugins/banner-upload/banner-upload.php on line 20
    [18-Aug-2017 07:04:53 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in buffercode_banner_upload_info is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use

__construct()

instead. in /home/theinn10/public_html/devsite/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3894
    [18-Aug-2017 07:04:59 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; buffercode_banner_upload_info has a deprecated constructor in /home/theinn10/public_html/devsite/wp-content/plugins/banner-upload/banner-upload.php on line 20
    [18-Aug-2017 07:04:59 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; buffercode_banner_upload_info has a deprecated constructor in /home/theinn10/public_html/devsite/wp-content/plugins/banner-upload/banner-upload.php on line 20
    [18-Aug-2017 07:05:00 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; buffercode_banner_upload_info has a deprecated constructor in /home/theinn10/public_html/devsite/wp-content/plugins/banner-upload/banner-upload.php on line 20
    [18-Aug-2017 07:05:01 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in buffercode_banner_upload_info is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use

__construct()

instead. in /home/theinn10/public_html/devsite/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3894
    [18-Aug-2017 07:05:01 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in buffercode_banner_upload_info is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use

__construct()

__construct()

[18-Aug-2017 07:05:03 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; buffercode_banner_upload_info has a deprecated constructor in /home/theinn10/public_html/devsite/wp-content/plugins/banner-upload/banner-upload.php on line 20
    [18-Aug-2017 07:05:04 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in buffercode_banner_upload_info is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use

__construct()

Patricia

Hi Doug,

Thank you for sharing your debug.log with us!

Unfortunately these PHP notices are not very helpful. They are associated with one of your active plugins: banner-upload, but I don’t think they have something to do with the 500 internal server error you are experiencing. Can you please confirm that you accessed your community events submission page and got the 500 internal server error while having debug enabled?

Also, can you please go through our Testing for Conflicts Guide to determine if a plugin or theme conflict is happening and find out what is causing it? Begin by deactivating all other plugins, using a theme such as Twenty Seventeen, and see if the issue still persists. Also, double check for any other updates available on Dashboard » Updates.

Regarding your question about the licenses, as I can see from here they are valid, but please send us a screenshot with the message you are seeing and I’ll forward your question to our concerned team.

Let me know your test results and I’ll be happy to further investigate if necessary!

Regards,

Patricia

Doug De Stefano
    Participant

Can you please confirm that you accessed your community events submission page and got the 500 internal server error while having debug enabled?
    Yes I did. Thats what you told me to do. An those were the only response in the log.

Patricia

Hi Doug,

Thanks for your confirmation on this. Since the errors you’ve found in the logs are not very helpful and the issue persists even after deactivating all of your plugins and changing your theme to another one like Twenty Seventeen (as recommended in our Testing for conflicts Guide), I would suggest you to increase the PHP memory limit in WordPress. You can do this by editing the wp-config.php file on your site and adding this line:

define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );

By default, WordPress automatically tries to increase PHP memory limit if it is less than 64MB. However, 64MB is often not high enough and can cause an 500 internal server error.

If the issue persists, please share your system info with us and send us a copy of your site files (themes and plugins directories) and database in a private reply so we can further investigate your case.

Thanks!

Regards,

Patricia

Doug De Stefano
    Participant

It seems to already have that in there and a Max setting.
    define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
    define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );

Actually when I did the deactivating all plugins and changing theme to Twenty
    Sixteen I did it wrong the first time. This time it was able to do both
    get to the submissions page and when I did a test submission page the
    date & time carried through for the Admin approval. Both of which were broken and not working
    before. So what would you suggest now?

*Doug De Stefano 760-815-5080 http://www.AwakeningHearts.com*

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
    https://www.avast.com/antivirus

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Doug De Stefano.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Doug De Stefano.
    Patricia

Hi Doug,

If deactivating all plugins and changing your current active theme to Twenty Seventeen solved your problem, now it’s time to look for the culprit (identify exactly what plugin or theme is causing the issue): you can start by activating the plugins one by one while refreshing the Community Events Submission page: if you activate one specific plugin and you get the 500 internal server error immediately after that, that’s the conflicting plugin. If with all plugins are active you are still able to access the event submission form, the problem is most likely associated with your theme.

Once you identify what is causing the conflict, please let me know so I can run some tests from my end and verify if there’s something we can do to solve the conflict.

Also, once you’ve finished your tests and are ready to reply to this thread, I would suggest you to send us your system info as it might be helpful to further investigate your case.

Thanks.

Regards,

Patricia

Doug De Stefano
    Participant

Patricia…Your site is saying that I have the Events Calendar Pro and
    Filter Bar plugins not renewed. I renewed them.
    I can’t reply to you in the forum because I think your system has me
    tagged as not current.
    I hope this gets to you. I have attached email proof of having paid for
    the 2 plugins you say I am past due on by 7days.
    This is really annoying and when you should have a phone # to take care
    of your clients with direct customer service.
    Please consider that. I know you have a known problem with this so I
    don’t know why its not fixed yet.

Thanks…Doug De Stefano

*Doug De Stefano 760-815-5080 http://www.AwakeningHearts.com*

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
    https://www.avast.com/antivirus

Doug De Stefano
    Participant

This reply is private.

Doug De Stefano
    Participant

I just realized what might be the problem. I just noticed that your email confirmation to me came to my
    [email protected] email address and I log into my account with [email protected]. So maybe
    somehow when I purchased that bundle I used the wrong email and you didn’t associate it to my current
    account. Could that be it? If so please associate it with [email protected] or whatever you need to do.
    Thanks…Doug

Doug De Stefano
    Participant

This reply is private.

Patricia

This reply is private.

Doug De Stefano
    Participant

I just udated the Events Calendar, Community Events and Filter bar and got this error
    Warning: Error while sending QUERY packet. PID=846132 in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1877
    Any idea what that would mean? Did the updates take?

Patricia

Hi Doug,

This error is associated with the MySQL max_allowed_packet variable.

This is something your hosting provider might be able to help you with: contact them and ask to set a larger value for this variable.

To confirm if your plugins were successfully updated, please compare their versions with the ones provided here.

If you verify that the update didn’t succeed, please try again after your hosting provider increased the max_allowed_packet value.

Let me know if you need anything else in the mean time!

Regards,

Patricia

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘I can access my event submission page’ is closed to new replies.