How to remove auto created duplicate events?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How to remove auto created duplicate events?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Joy Doyle
    Participant

I recently had Godaddy help us import approximately 1100 events from our live site northtahoebusiness.org to our new site northtahoebusiness.org/dev2 – the problem was that we were getting 500 server timeout errors and they were able to break up the export file and successfully import 1100 events and add to the existing 300 events. There should be a total of 1400 events, but there are 6,400 now – up to 15 duplicates of some recurring events. I’ve been reading your forum and some people see this upon upgrading to events calendar pro – which we did this week, hoping it would help us.

We need an easy fast way to delete all duplicate events (approximately 5,000) – I’ve read about a plugin here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/need-to-delete-hundreds-of-duplicate-events/

And it can be downloaded here: https://cloudup.com/cPv3ZMX8Zd0 – but the download is locked – can you please make a recommendation or send a live link to download the plugin so we can take care of this as soon as possible?

thanks in advance for your help – please reply to [email protected] so I can expedite this.

Joy Doyle
    Participant

Can you please reply to this request as soon as possible? – we want to go live Monday 5/22/17

please reply to [email protected]

Shelby
    Participant

Hi there Jim,

I’m happy to help out as much as I can here.

Unfortunately, it seems like GoDaddy may have imported the events more than once by mistake, and that’s something that we’re not able to provide full support for. However, you may find that this tribe-cleanup utility, plus Nico’s notes about how to use it, in this thread, helpful. 🙂

Also, we only provide support here, in the forums, and not over email. Additionally, of note, typically support runs M-F during business hours, but I’m personally logging a few extra hours this weekend, but may not be able to resolve this for you by Monday.

Please let me know if there’s any further assistance I can provide.

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Joy Doyle
    Participant

Thank you Shelby,

I am still not able to download the plugin – can you please send a link to the plugin that I can download? The error message says that the Cloudup link has been disabled due to security reasons …

Shelby
    Participant

Hi again 🙂

I’m now noticing the same error. :/

However, I’ve learned that the cleanup utility went on to create this recurring events cleanup extension, which I’m not sure will be useful in this case.

I did find this plugin though, which may work well for you. 🙂 I do need to insist, however, that you back up your database prior to running something like this.

Let me know how this goes!

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘How to remove auto created duplicate events?’ is closed to new replies.