How to delete tons of old/past recurring and single events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How to delete tons of old/past recurring and single events

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Joanna Shebson
    Participant

Our site keeps crashing when we try to bulk delete past events and we need to delete thousands of past events, both recurring and single. If we want to do this via a SQL query for all events with a start date of 2015, how would we do that?
    Thanks!

Cliff

Hi.

I believe you’re requesting the same thing as one of our existing feature requests: https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/11732886-delete-past-events

Please do add your vote there.

This allows us to gauge interest in this particular feature request, which helps us prioritize our development efforts.

If you need some coding help, you may want to ask your developer or reference our documentation and list of known customizers.

Joanna Shebson
    Participant

Could you guide me t where in the documentation our developer would find the SQL query that i requested?

Cliff

We do not have an official SQL query to share. Searching our forums might provide some results, but they could be for a different application or outdated. Sorry I can’t be more help here specific to providing a SQL query, since each site’s database is unique.

Please let me know if you think there’s more I can help with at this time.

Joanna Shebson
    Participant

Ideally, we want the “Clean up recurring events” functionality to work properly but we see it isn’t working. If there was a problem with the cron (as indicated here https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/clean-up-recurring-events-after-pro/) and if we run the cron job, will it check the value in the ‘clean up recurring events’ field and then start removing events?

Cliff

Yes, we do have the https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/recurring-event-cleanup-tool/ extension mentioned in that forum thread. (Note that it’s only for recurring and you initially said you’re having issues with both recurring and single events so it may not fully help your specific situation.)

Did you try the extension yet? If yes, what about this extension isn’t working for you?

If your site is already crashing, it’s likely that running this tool may fail due to your site crashing, not due to the extension’s code being faulty. But please do pass along any details about it working fully, working partially, or not working at all for you.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘How to delete tons of old/past recurring and single events’ is closed to new replies.