How to change/edit outgoing ticket email

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus How to change/edit outgoing ticket email

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jon
    Participant

Hey there, for some reason the email “tickets” being sent out by our system have this subject line:

Subject: Your tickets from {sitename} will be mailed to you.

I am trying to figure out how to change this but I find your knowledge base … a little tricky to negotiate.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Jon
    Participant

Please note that I do not see anything in these files that would cause this message to be in the Subject line:

wp-content/plugins/event-tickets/src/views/tickets/email.php

wp-content/avada/tribe-events/tickets/email.php (this file does not exist)

I read the following to try to chase down the email file:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/editing-the-booking-confirmation-e-ticket-email-template/

Please help!

Jon
    Participant

I see that this might be helpful…

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/wheres-the-email-template-for-rsvp-notificaiton/

… but I am afraid I don’t know how.

I need to see why the *subject line* for the email is saying the ticket will be *mailed* rather than contained in the email. Please advise!

Jon
    Participant

GOOD GRIEF I found it.

This is a WooCommerce function. I found it here:

WooCommerce > Settings > Email > Tickets

WOW that was more difficult than I thought it should be!

Cheers,
    Jon

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Jon,

I’m glad to hear you got this figured out!

I’d still like to add a couple notes for clarification and to help you with future changes…

When users book tickets, the order confirmation email comes from Woo, but the email with the actual ticket comes from us and can be found at /wp-content/plugins/event-tickets/src/views/tickets/email.php. Our themer’s guide has some great info on customizing our templates, so I would definitely recommend taking a look there if you would like to edit any of our emails!

I would also like to note that it is best to make these customizations in your child theme rather than directly in the theme files to avoid losing your changes with future updates. When you update a plugin, its files are overwritten, so any changes you have made there will be erased.

If you have any more questions, please let me know, and I’ll be happy to help you out! : )

Thanks,

Jennifer

Jon
    Participant

OK, but wait. We’d like to add some information to the ticket of one particular event, not to every single event we’d ever produce. How in the world do we do that?

IOW, is there a place for me to add text and/or HTML to a ticket for one particular event?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Jon,

Thanks for following up! That’s a great question.

Since you’re using Pro, you have access to additional fields. I would recommend using those to add something like a “More about this event” field specifically for this purpose, and then displaying that field in the template. This post has some great tips on accomplishing that, and our functions and themer’s guide should be helpful here as well.

To edit the template for the ticket, you’ll want to edit this file: wp-content/event-tickets/src/views/tickets/email.php

Let me know if you need any help with this!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Jon
    Participant

Jennifer,

Thank you, but wow, the functionality is pretty disappointing.

I’m refering to this: https://archfw.org/event/lafayette-place-tour/

and the fact that the textarea box strips out all HTML.

Is there any way for this to allow HTML? Or are we sunk?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Jon,

I understand the templates can be a bit cumbersome to customize. The ability to add custom email fields per event has been suggested as a feature request, and if this is something you would like to see implemented in the future, please do vote on this request! We use this feature ideas forum to help gauge user interest in new features and help plan future development efforts.

I did a quick test on my end, and you are right that the additional fields do strip out the HTML. It will let you add a link using an anchor tag, but everything else I tried was stripped out. Depending on what you’re trying to do with the HTML (for example if you are trying to create a wrapper to control the display of the field in the email), you could add this into the template itself surrounding where you are adding the field. I know that’s not exactly what you’re looking for, but I hope it’s helpful!

If there’s anything else I can help with, please let me know. I’d be happy to help you figure out the best way to implement this!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘How to change/edit outgoing ticket email’ is closed to new replies.