How to Add Submit Button

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events How to Add Submit Button

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Laura
    Participant

Thanks, brownjm. I’m so fed up with my current hosting co (after 5 years), in the process of transferring to new one. Can login wp-admin only sporadically. Won’t forget to post button details here asap.

Barry

Appreciated, Laura. If you prefer to use the Add HTML Before Calendar field like Laura suggested, brownjm, you should be able to go right ahead and just add a link in there using the visual editor tools.

brownjm
    Participant

Thanks Barry, I tried to add the following text to the field Add HTML before calendar field:

[button color=”Green” size=”large” link=”http://hillvets.org/events/community/add” target=”_blank”]Add Your Event![/button]

This code will normally insert a large button consistent with my theme and I tested this exact language in a separate page successfully. When I do it here all I get is the code; no button. Any ideas?

Also, not sure why but I originally had the photo display as the default. The photos are no longer appearing at all and the “view as” list is not working. Not sure what is going on. I changed it to the list as default for the time being. Thanks for the assistance Barry.

http://hillvets.org/events/

brownjm
    Participant

Also, Laura, I am with hostgator and would highly recommend them. Was with Godaddy and will never do that again.

Laura
    Participant

Thanks, brownjm. I think I’m finally able to get to my files, so will try to post my solution today.

Laura
    Participant

Okay. Hopefully this isn’t too wordy.
    I use the WP-Brilliance Theme that has buttons pre-installed, but I’m sure you can add a link to a button image you’ve uploaded if you need to.

Creating a Submit Button
    (Read the Themer’s Guide: The Events Calendar/Pro 3.0) https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/events-calendar-themers-guide/
    This is what I did:
    1. Created a new folder in my theme folder
    Opened – wp-content/themes/your-theme/
    Then created the following folder: /tribe-events/
    2. Located the files I wished to edit in:
    /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/views
    3. Copied the file: default-template.php
    4. Pasted the file into the new /tribe-events/ folder
    5. Added the new code between these two lines:

NEW CODE

NEW CODE
    Submit Event

*I also added code for people who want to register for community submissions:    OR    Email [email protected] for link to Register for ongoing Event Submission & Editing
    **When I originally set up Community Events, I had a Subscribe button so people could be a Community member. That meant I had to enable “let anyone register”. Once I did that, I got a lot of spam registrations. They were probably hoping I hadn’t restricted user level and would have hacked my site. So, no more of that!

Hope this helps!

Laura
    Participant

Correction:
    Created a NEW file in the /tribe-events/ folder called default-template.php

Then after copying content from original file with the same name, pasted it into the new file in /tribe-events/

Laura
    Participant

Wish I could edit my comments after posting!

Put this new code: Submit Event

Between these two lines:

NEW CODE

Save and you’re done.

Laura
    Participant

Okay, obviously there’s a problem putting actual code in comments. I’ll try it again with extra “X’s”. REMOVE EVERY CAPITAL X AND SPACES BETWEEN < AND CODE.

NEW CODE (see below)

Here’s the code:

Submit Event

Laura
    Participant

I give up! How can I post the code I used?

Barry

Sorry Laura!

We are aware that the current forum software has its limitations and can be … frustrating. Right now the best way to post code is by using a service like Pastebin or Gist and dropping the link in here.

brownjm
    Participant

Thank you for the attempted assist Laura,

If you dont mind feel free to shoot it to me in an email.

[Email address removed — Barry]

Laura
    Participant

Here’s the Gist: https://gist.github.com/CarolinaEpicurean/6113200

Brownjm, I’ll email you a word doc with the info. Hope it works after all this!

brownjm
    Participant

Thank you so much for all of your efforts to help Laura. I am with you that it seems intuitive that there would be a link/button with the community package that would move individuals from the calendar to the form. Not a huge fan of the current setup between the two or the search bar on the main calendar page. This bar seems to be the logical place to install a button linking to the community forums. Thanks for passing it along Barry.

Laura
    Participant

Agreed. But, I have faith in the tri.be guys. Been with them for a long time. If it makes sense and they can include it in an update, they probably will.

Hope it works for you!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • The topic ‘How to Add Submit Button’ is closed to new replies.