How can I connect the Event Aggregator from facebook to existing venues?

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator How can I connect the Event Aggregator from facebook to existing venues?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Joanna Shebson
    Participant

I posted this question in March and then got distracted and didnt follow up with you. I use Events calendar and have Venues set up. Now i want to use the Event aggregator to automatically add events to my calendar but i want it to know which venue to attach the info to.

For example we have an outdoor mall called First Station. I set up a Venue and organizer for First Station. Now i want to go to their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pg/FirstStationJerusalem/events/ and choose which events to add to my calendar.

When i tried to do this it created a brand new venue. What can i do?

I just retried to do it and it wont even load a preview.
    I just dont understand how to use this plug in and I know it could be so time saving for me if i figured it out.

Joanna

Patricia

Hey Joanna,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

You are not able to preview and import events from Facebook due to a number of new restrictions that were applied to Facebook’s Events API, which is the specific protocol Event Aggregator uses in order to import events, organizers and venues. Our team is actively working to restore the features that were directly affected by this change and you can check the progress on this page:

Event Aggregator Status

You will find more information about this subject in the following link:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/ea-fb-privacy-policy/

Right now, there needs to be a relationship between the account used to import the events and the events themselves (ie, the events must have been created using the same account).

Unfortunately we cannot guarantee if/when Facebook will update their Events API to normalize the imports, but we are in contact with them and hoping to have everything working as expected soon.

If you are able to import some of these FB events (i.e. you were the one who created them) and still need help with the venues, please let me know and we’ll send you more information about this!

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Best Regards,

Patricia

Joanna Shebson
    Participant

Thanks Patricia
    The only reason I bought the aggregator plug in was for Facebook events created by others. If this won’t work can I ask for a refund.

I never got the plug in to work for me 🙂

Patricia

This reply is private.

Joanna Shebson
    Participant

Hi Patricia
    I haven’t received a reply yet. Please see my email below.

Joanna

Patricia

Hi Joanna!

Did you send us an email at support (at) theeventscalendar (dot) com and didn’t receive a reply?

For some reason I’m not seeing this email/reply you mentioned here. Could you please confirm that you want a refund for Event Aggregator?

Thanks!

Patricia

Joanna Shebson
    Participant

I would like to be refunded for this plug in since i was not able to use it
    and it was very expensive for me as a small business.
    I already emailed a few weeks ago and havent heard back. Please update me
    on when and how I can be reimbursed.

Patricia

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘How can I connect the Event Aggregator from facebook to existing venues?’ is closed to new replies.