Google Maps on event pages (default setting)

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Google Maps on event pages (default setting)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Reinhard
    Participant

Dear support-team,

before the last (major) update google maps were shown by default on single events pages. Now google maps can only be activated by editing each and every event (which is quite an effort for a higher number of imported events).

Is there a setting/switch available to have maps shown by default again for single event pages? I checked the settings but could not find anything.

Thanks in advance!

Cliff

Hi again, Reinhard.

I’d suggest creating a brand new Venue and make sure the “Show Google Map” box is checked.

Then, check your database to see if that Venue’s postmeta has “_EventShowMapLink” set to 1 or true.

Reinhard
    Participant

This reply is private.

Reinhard
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Reinhard, I’m unable to replicate this issue. I’d suggest following our recommended troubleshooting steps:

Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to TwentySixteen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any PHP errors you see while changing tickets quantity, navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket.

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts mode).

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let us know what you find out. If it still doesn’t resolve for you, please share a screen capture video of the issue if you think that will help.

Thanks.

Reinhard
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

just wanted to refer to the following thread, were the same issue is discussed: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/aggregator-issues/

reported issue:

Facebook events created not having a Google map associated with it and in many cases no featured image?

answer:

There’s a related bug to the Show Google Map setting not being respected. Maybe this is what you are referring to? I don’t see any problems reported regarding featured image of imported events.

Sounds like the same issue we’re dealing with and seems to be an already reported bug. Is there any info about a bugfix?

Best & Thanks
    Reinhard

Cliff

Thanks for the details.

I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Reinhard
    Participant

Thanks Cliff!

Cliff

You’re welcome. Thanks for your patience.

George
    Participant

Hello!

I wanted to share the news that we released a Maintenance Release today that should include a fix that restores the functionality of the Show Google Maps setting.

You should be able to see this update in your wp-admin Updates page. You can learn more about the release here: https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-4-4-2-event-tickets-4-4-2-premium-add-ons/

Cheers!
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Google Maps on event pages (default setting)’ is closed to new replies.