Google maps, classic view and permalink error

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Google maps, classic view and permalink error

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Thomas
    Participant

Hi, is this where I post for Premium support under my Pro account?

I love the plugin with the exception of a few bugs. I’ve sorted a some but these are the ones I cannot fix myself. Please help.

1. If I Enable Google Maps under “Map Settings” the individual event pages do not display at all. The content is there but the page does not display.

2. If I “Disable the Event Search Bar” to display “classic header” the main events page stops displaying in Safari & iOS. The content is there but the page does not display. Comes back if you select a date range.

3. Site defaults to “http://4pinesbeer.com.aufestivities” missing a “/“. Making for example the “All Events” link at the top of the single event view not work.

Cheers,

Tom

• This topic was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Thomas.
    Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are having here. I can help troubleshoot this with you.

This is almost the correct area, but close enough I moved it to the Pro forum.

First can you please update to 4.0.2 for both Event plugins and see if that helps any.

If not let me know about the following:

1) If you change themes to Twenty Fourteen does it still do this?
    2) Same as the first and do you have this active so I can see it?
    3) What are your Permalink settings here: Admin > Settings > Permalink?

Thanks

Thomas
    Participant

Thanks Brian,

I only just bought and downloaded it two days ago, so a timely update I guess. The Pro update did not show up even though I’ve entered my license key and hit refresh on the updates. So I had to delete the pro plugin and reinstall it.

I’ve updated both plugins. After the update:

1. The page still wasn’t showing up in Safari or iOS. But was working still in Chrome and Firefox. Still with the google maps disabled.

2. After activating the google maps feature it stopped working in Firefox on the single event pages but works for the main events page. Still neither in Safari and iOS, but works on all pages in Chrome. I do not see a google maps feature in Chrome but at least the pages are showing.

3. The default permalink on the settings page is still missing the slash. It says “The slug used for building the events URL.Your current events URL is: http://4pinesbeer.com.aufestivities/”. It should of course be “http://4pinesbeer.com.au/festivities/”. My permalink settings are set to your recommendations and I’ve tried to refresh it and change it, it doesn’t help.

I’ve switched it over very briefly to Twenty Thirteen, but it’s a busy website so I can’t have it that way for more than 30 seconds at a time. My boss will be very upset if it’s not working.
    What I found was that the events pages displayed in all browsers, although the google maps map did not display properly. In Safari I could see a square for it but in Chrome it didn’t show any sign of it.
    The permalink error was still present in the Twenty Thirteen theme.

Can I give you access to the site so you can see for yourself?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Thomas.
    Brian
    Keymaster

Can I give you access to the site so you can see for yourself?

I appreciate the offer!

However, our current policy is not to accept logins or to log in to customer servers/WordPress installations.

1)I see the page in the latest version of Safari. I do not see it in IOS Safari.

In another theme were you able to see the Photo View? Does your theme load by ajax or javascript content on the pages?

We also see is an issue with the Photo view in Safari and we are working on a fix for 4.0.3, so maybe this could be it.

2) Do you have any other google map plugins or coding in your theme? That can create conflicts that break this. Can you please provide your system info in a private reply too:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

3) I am not see other reports of this now.

Do you have any custom templates in your theme in this directory /tribe-events/?

Let me know and we can go from here.

Thanks

Thomas
    Participant

Thanks Brian,

It looks like it is loading properly in Safari now but still not in iOS. But let’s just concentrate on point 3 right now – the permalink issue.

You said “Do you have any custom templates in your theme in this directory /tribe-events/?” I don’t think so, but how do I check this?

Cheers,

Tom

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

The events template would be in this directory:

wp-content/themes/yourthemename/tribe-events/

Thomas
    Participant

Hi, No I have no such folder. Please see image here:

Dirctory list

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok thanks.

I am not sure of your configuration and why it is causing this.

The easiest thing to do is to take this template:

plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/single-event.php

and move it to your theme here:

4pinesbeer/tribe-events/single-event.php

Then replace this:

"> <?php printf( '« ' . esc_html__( 'All %s', 'the-events-calendar' ), $events_label_plural ); ?>

With this:

<?php printf( '« ' . esc_html__( 'All %s', 'the-events-calendar' ), $events_label_plural ); ?>

That will give you the correct link and the change there will be safe when doing updates.

Does that work for you?

Thomas
    Participant

Hi Brian,

Thanks for persisting with this. I managed to solve the “/” issue. I bit the bullet and disabled all the plugins one by one and it turns out the issue was a plugin called “Root Relative URLs”. When I turned that off it the permalink corrected itself. Not sure if I have to work on a solution to make them work together but I’ll leave it for now. Very happy that the cause is found.

Moving on to the other problem – that the main events page (http://4pinesbeer.com.au/festivities/) is not displaying correctly or reliably in iOS. The content is there but it does not display. I have narrowed it down somewhat. It seems that it does not display in “Photo” view, but does work on all the other views. The client has their heart set on “Photo” view so it’s something that needs to be fixed. Furthermore I tested it whilst disabling all the plugins and no plugins had any effect on the issue.
    I have installed “The Events Calendar” on another site running the same theme (Willow), however I only have one Pro license so I can not test the Photo view on that site.
    Have you run into this issue before? What do you recommend doing?

Cheers,

Tom

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Glad you found the source of the one issue.

For the conflict try using the Plugin Logic to disable other plugins on the event views and single templates:

Plugin Logic

For the Photo View it was supposedly fixed in Pro 4.0.3

However, I am still seeing an issue on my test site and yours on my iPhone in Mobile Safari.

I am not sure of the cause, but I found this css forces the display of the photo view:

.tribe-events-list.tribe-events-photo #tribe-events-photo-events {
    opacity: 1;
    }

Add that css to your theme’s stylesheet or through a plugin such as Simple Custom CSS.

Let me know if that helps.

Also, you can install Pro on another site without a license, it would just not get automatic updates nor could we support it.

Thanks

Thomas
    Participant

Thanks Brian,

That seems like a great plugin. I’ll definitely try that.

I’ve added the CSS, but I’m not seeing any change. Can I just confirm that I have done it correctly? I’ve added it to my “style.css” file at the end of the file like so:

File directory

Code

Otherwise, does it take a while to refresh on the server? I’m testing it through the private browser function on my iOS Safari.

Cheers,

Tom

Brian
    Keymaster

It does not appear to be the correct file.

Are you using a child theme?

The end of the stylesheet file being loaded has this selector:

.post-type-archive-tribe_event .wpb_willow_big_title {
    display: none;
    }

If you cannot get it I would try the Simple Custom CSS and that will work.

Cheers

Thomas
    Participant

Hi Brian, thanks a million – I managed to solve that issue using your help. Now however the client has changed their mind anyway and want everything in Month view.
    The month view works great when displaying all events. But they would like the option to choose events per category (or in their case by venue and organiser). So I set up categories. In the category view however the events do not display in month view.

All events month view (functioning):
    http://4pinesbeer.com.au/festivities/

External Events category Photo, List, Map views (functioning):
    http://4pinesbeer.com.au/festivities/category/out-and-about/photo/

External Events Month view (not functioning):
    http://4pinesbeer.com.au/festivities/category/out-and-about/month/

Can you help with this?

Many thanks.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

I can help out here, but it is a good idea to create a new ticket for a different issue. It is easier for us to help you when it is one issue per ticket.

I visited your site and see the issue.

However, I am not sure of the cause of it nor am I seeing it on my test site.

Can you please follow our testing for conflicts guide:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/

And see if that can narrow down the cause of this.

Thanks

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Google maps, classic view and permalink error’ is closed to new replies.