Google Maps API error: MissingKeyMapError

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Google Maps API error: MissingKeyMapError

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Richard Palmer
    Participant

HI,
    I’m having an issue on the site where the google map initially loads and then errors with the console error of

Google Maps API error: MissingKeyMapError https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages#missing-key-map-error
    .Pb @ js:38
    (anonymous) @ common.js:54
    (anonymous) @ common.js:199
    c @ common.js:48
    (anonymous) @ AuthenticationService.Authenticate?1shttps%3A%2F%2Fokhane.com%2Fevents%2F&callback=_xdc
    ._r3v083&token=96386:1

I have created a new API key but the same problem is accuring.

I have also switched on logging but I know get the following error when trying to access the help screen,

About WordPress
    Okhane
    74 Plugin Updates, 3 Theme Updates
    00 comments awaiting moderation
    New
    SEO22 notifications
    Events
    Hi, Richard Palmer
    Log Out

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘RuntimeException’ with message ‘SplFileInfo::isReadable(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp/..) is not within the allowed path(s): (/nfs:/tmp:/usr/local:/etc/apache2/gs-bin)’ in /nfs/c11/h06/mnt/195738/domains/okhane.com/html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/src/Tribe/Log/File_Logger.php:239 Stack trace: #0 /nfs/c11/h06/mnt/195738/domains/okhane.com/html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/src/Tribe/Log/File_Logger.php(239): SplFileInfo->isReadable() #1 /nfs/c11/h06/mnt/195738/domains/okhane.com/html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/src/Tribe/Log/Admin.php(129): Tribe__Log__File_Logger->list_available_logs() #2 /nfs/c11/h06/mnt/195738/domains/okhane.com/html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/src/Tribe/Log/Admin.php(16): Tribe__Log__Admin->get_available_logs() #3 /nfs/c11/h06/mnt/195738/domains/okhane.com/html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/src/admin-views/tribe-options-help.php(56): Tribe__Log__Admin->display_log() in /nfs/c11/h06/mnt/195738/domains/okhane.com/html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/src/Tribe/Log/File_Logger.php on line 239

Cliff

Hi, Richard.

I’m unsure about that fatal error message (maybe disable The Events Calendar’s logging?), but please reference https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/setting-up-your-google-maps-api-key/ to get your Google Maps API Key setup correctly.

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Richard Palmer
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

If you’re referring to wp-admin > Events > General tab > “Miscellaneous Settings” section > “Debug mode” being checked causing you this problem…

…and if you’re comfortable manually editing your database…

…then you can edit the “tribe_events_calendar_options” option_name by changing the s:11:"debugEvents";b:1; part of it to s:11:"debugEvents";b:0;

(Of course, we always recommend restorable database and file backups before modifying anything on your site.)

Richard Palmer
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Sorry that didn’t work.

I had a developer take a look and they confirmed some improvements could be made that, in your case, is causing a fatal error (although not happening for everyone).

I marked this thread as Pending Fix, which means it should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

FYI: visiting your site currently produces this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function WC() in /wp-content/plugins/mailchimp-for-woocommerce/includes/class-mailchimp-woocommerce-service.php on line 506

You should definitely get that resolved ASAP, either by disabling this plugin or fixing it yourself in this plugin’s code (if you’re comfortable doing so) and report the issue to this plugin’s developer.

Richard Palmer
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

The fix is for the wp-admin area being unavailable to make changes to Events Settings.

There is no confirmed issue with the Google Maps API.

I see from your System Information Report that you have the AIza…sFYQ Google Maps API key, and visiting your site I see that API key in the page source… This leads me to believe that your theme or another plugin is including Google Maps without an API key.

Please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Seventeen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

Of course, we always recommend restorable database and file backups before modifying anything on your site.

Richard Palmer
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Yesterday we released https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-7-january-2018/, in which we improved the code relating to this issue.

Does the issue still happen with your theme when running the latest versions of all our plugins?

Richard Palmer
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Google Maps API error: MissingKeyMapError’ is closed to new replies.