Google Map not showing on page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Google Map not showing on page

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Glenn Bugala
    Participant

I checked out your post on this subject, but it wasn’t enough.

The venue is set to show the Google Map. The event is set to show the Google Map. The settings are set to show the Google Map.
    There is a valid Google API. …And yet in any browser, including Google Chrome, the map appears as an empty square (Screenshot examples in attached PDF)

Please help me make the map show up!

Glenn Bugala
    Participant

Obviously it’s not a pdf file, because you don’t accept pdf files. It’s a zip file containing png files.

Geoff B.

Good evening Glenn and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the maps not showing up correctly in your single event view.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

There are 2 things I would recommend as the next step:

1. Try using exactly the same address format found in Google when doing a search. E.g.: Ross School of business should be 701 Tappan Ave and not 701 Tappan street
    2. Try checking the “Use latitude and longitude” checkbox in the Edit Venue screen
    3. Try temporarily reverting back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if that solves the issue (you might want to use a “maintenance page” plugin to hide that from your users).

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Glenn Bugala
    Participant

I tried the first two things, which didn’t work, but I cannot do the last thing easily. I’m part of the University of Michigan, and creating a backup is a process involving Central Computing and Hosting. It takes a few weeks to arrange a special backup. Since I’ve made numerous edits in the past few days, I’m not eager to fall back on the monthly backup.

What about the possibility of a conflict with one of the following?
    The Events Calendar Shortcode PRO
    The Events Calendar PRO

Glenn Bugala
    Participant

I tried the first two things, which didn’t work, but I cannot do the last
    thing easily. I’m part of the University of Michigan, and creating a
    backup is a process involving Central Computing and Hosting. It takes a
    few weeks to arrange a special backup. Since I’ve made numerous edits in
    the past few days, I’m not eager to fall back on the monthly backup.

What about the possibility of a conflict with one of the following?

• The Events Calendar Shortcode PRO
    • The Events Calendar PRO

Glenn Bugala

Marketing Manager

700 E. University Ave.
    Kresge Hall, 3rd Floor West, Suite K3510
    Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1234
    734-764-8189 | socialimpact.umich.edu

Social Impact**: a significant, positive change that addresses a pressing
    social challenge

Geoff B.

Good evening Glenn,

Thank you for trying the first 2 things.

You are on the right track about the conflict idea.

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

I would be very surprised to find that the Events Calendar Pro is the cause of the issue.
    However, I cannot say the same for The Events Calendar Shortcode PRO (which is a third-party plugin).

Such conflicts are usually because of:

1. A conflict with another plugin
    2. A conflict with your WordPress theme
    3. A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

That might prove faster than operating from a backup. You can even use something like Local (by Flywheel) for that purpose.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

Finally, could you please send me a copy of the latest version of your WordPress theme / child theme via a link to a .zip file link (stored Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ? I recommend a private reply for that purpose.

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.
    This way I will get access to any updates or customizations you might have made.

Let me know how that goes.

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Google Map not showing on page’ is closed to new replies.