Google Calendar Not Importing

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Google Calendar Not Importing

• This topic has 19 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Smith.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Smith
    Participant

I bought this yesterday. So far, it hasn’t uploaded any of my calendar from google.

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/google-import-not-working/

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/google-import-not-working/

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT

Smith
    Participant

I forgot to add that I left it overnight with it saying, “Your import is currently in progress. Don’t worry, you can safely navigate away–the import will continue in the background.” It now says, “Import Failed”. Any help would be appreciated.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

I’m sorry that you haven’t been able to import, but I’ll be happy to help you figure out what’s going on.

Can you please share your system info with me and send me the URL that you’re trying to import from so that I can do some testing on my end?

If you haven’t come across these already, I would also recommend taking a look at the following articles, which have some great info on getting up and running with Event Aggregator:

Managing Your Scheduled Imports in Event Aggregator

Event Aggregator Import Settings

How Do Event Aggregator’s Import Limits Work?

Importing Events from a Feed or URL

Thanks,

Jennifer

Smith
    Participant

Hello!

Hello.

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/82ij2o17o2aemehpv46jc4ufcg%40group.calendar.google.com/private-cc7c2ae417d21522e9e3dabba41d3399/basic.ics is the URL. When I preview it before importing, it comes in fine. But once I try to import, it fails.

Thank you for your help!
    Delaney

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Delaney,

Thanks for sending that link! I tested it out on my end, but I was able to import the events from that calendar…are you trying to run this as a one-time import or a scheduled import?

Also, is this the only import that is failing, or are imports from other sources failing as well?

Unfortunately your system info didn’t come through. Can you please try sharing it again? If you are not able to share it automatically, you can copy it from Events > Help > System Information and paste it into your reply.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Smith
    Participant

This reply is private.

Smith
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Smith.
    Smith
    Participant

This reply is private.

Smith
    Participant

This reply is private.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Smith
    Participant

This reply is private.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Thanks for sending that screenshot. I did some more testing on my end, but I still have not been able to recreate this in my local environment. Can you try running through these steps to test for any conflicts with your theme and other plugins? Make sure to enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG (which will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log if there are any WP_DEBUG messages) and share any debug messages you see while trying to replicate this issue.

It looks like this is the only source that you have tried to import from, is that correct? Could you try importing from another source as well to see if you are able to do so? You can set the status for this test import to “draft” and/or set a category so that you can delete these events if they do import.

If you do not want to do this testing on your live site, the free WP Staging plugin will let you create a quick copy of your live site that you can use for testing.

Please let me know what you find.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Smith
    Participant

This reply is private.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Smith
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Google Calendar Not Importing’ is closed to new replies.