Google Calendar Missing Event Descriptions

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Google Calendar Missing Event Descriptions

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Adam
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Adam,

Thanks for providing me with that information.

We have a 30-day full refund policy, although I believe you are outside of that limit at this point.

Please let me know if you’d like to continue troubleshooting!

Thanks,

Jaime

Adam
    Participant

Jaime,

I’ve provided my information for a refund only because you told me to upgrade or tough luck essentially. I find it unacceptable that I’ve dragged this issue out past the refund deadline trying to work with this BS support forum.

You have to understand from my point of view — this was working until my licenses expired and now it doesn’t work. Nothing has changed on my end AT ALL. Now I’ve spent weeks of my time plus you already have my cash trying to debug this issue. I WANT THIS ISSUE FIXED ULTIMATELY but it seems you do not wish to help or have the means to help.

I’ve already showed you over and over again that it seems like for a number of my events they do not import correctly. I’m not sure what else to do except be frustrated and convince other people not to use your software.

UNBELIEVEABLE

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your feedback.  I can completely understand your frustration with our products and you have every right to want things to work as expected.

I’m happy to continue helping you troubleshoot your issue, but as I mentioned previously, I have been unable to replicate this issue on my end so far, although I have tried.

If you’d like to continue troubleshooting, I ran your calendar through an iCalendar Validator, and I see that the Organizer field is missing, which can sometimes cause issue.  You can try adding that back in and let me know if that resolves the issue.

Also, since you have only had this issue since renewing your license, can you check that the Event Aggregator is connected to your current license key? See My Account » Licenses to find your current key.

You may want to also just manually re-enter the license key, even if it is correct, and ‘Save Changes’.

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Adam
    Participant

Jaime,

I’m not discounting your attempts to resolve this situation — I just feel like you don’t have the tools you need to properly reproduce the issue. Further I feel as this is a systemic issue and things like “Saving the key again” seems hacky at best. From a functional standpoint, why would the license have ANYTHING to do with why 50/103 of my reoccurring events are missing their event description? I’ve reached out to support for a refund but it’s unfortunate that it has to come to this. It just doesn’t seem like this plugin is ready to be used in a production capacity and it’s taken my time as well as yours and various other employees tracking down issues. Further, the cost of the plugins at almost $200 annually should provide you with ample margin to fund such simple issues.

You mention an organizer field which I currently don’t use. From a functional perspective why would not using this field cause half of my imports to not have their content? Doesn’t make sense. This is further compounded with the simple fact that if I delete these events and re-import them — some of the one’s that didn’t have their content now do and other ones that did — don’t anymore!

I’ve used your troubleshooting documentation, this inadequate support forum, and various other techniques to fix something that just seemed to break at the renewal time. I would think that you or your team would value your customers and their renewal fees more than just letting them go due to simple issues like this.

I would’ve gladly paid hundreds of dollars a year for some kind of support option that doesn’t involve writing novels to a forum who doesn’t care.

Good luck in your mountain of issues it seems this product has.

Hi Adam,

Again, thank you for your feedback.  We do our best to help our customers in their issues, and sometimes the hardest part is helping people troubleshoot when I cannot reproduce the issue on my end.  This means that I try to create the situation that you are describing, using your settings and import URLs, so that I can determine if it is a bug or if it there is something else at play.  That does not mean that I have not tried to help you, although I can understand how frustrating this process can be.

Best of luck with your project!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘Google Calendar Missing Event Descriptions’ is closed to new replies.